Home Computer 256th DAY OF

256th DAY OF

The heroes of the “ones and zeroes”: Happy International Day of the Programmer!

by stacy

Code is the foundation of our company, and it serves as a pillar of Signeasy’s digital DNA. Consequently, we couldn’t be more thrilled to mark the occasion of the first ever International Day of the Programmer, which was added to our holiday calendars this year.

This year marks the tenth anniversary of the establishment of this newly-minted holiday, which is observed on the 256th day of the year (September 13 in a regular year and September 12 in a leap year). Because it is associated with eight-bit bytes, the building blocks of digital information (as opposed to binary numbers), the importance of the number 256 should be immediately apparent if you are one of the international guests of honour on Friday.

A (very) brief history of programming

In order to be successful in programming, one must have perseverance, precision, patience, and a fair dose of inventiveness within the constraints of the programming language in which one works. There is an extensive history of great thinkers and ground-breaking discoveries in this field as well. If you’re not quite up to speed, here are a few facts from the lighter side of history to get you started:

The first computer programmer was a woman: in 1843, British mathematician Ada Lovelace translated and marked up an article written by Italian engineer Luigi Menabrea, elaborating on it with her own notes and ideas. She was the world’s first female computer programmer. She also predicted that computers would one day be able to perform musical and chess tasks – so she was certainly onto something with her predictions!
The first computer bug was discovered by Admiral Grace Hopper, who discovered a moth stuck in her computer’s relay mechanism. The term “bug,” which was first used to describe a technical issue in 1878 by Thomas Edison, was introduced into the modern era by Admiral Grace Hopper, who discovered a moth stuck in her computer’s relay mechanism.
Spacewar (1962), the world’s first computer game, failed to make a dime: while modern game franchises have grossed millions and billions of dollars, Steve Russell’s spaceship-centric computer game was a financial failure.
Only 8% of the world’s cash supply is available as physical money, indicating that our money is bound up in code. The remaining 92 percent is stored on computer hard drives. Keep your spare coins in your pocket, readers!
Java was originally known as Oak, after the tree that Sun Microsystems’ main architect could see from his office window. However, due to copyright difficulties, Oak was renamed to Java in order to distinguish it from other programming languages.

Celebrating programmers every day

Every day, we recognise and honour programmers.

Having a specific day on the calendar to commemorate someone we care about is a wonderful way to show our appreciation for them. Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and our loved ones’ birthdays are examples of such occasions. The company is devoted to focusing on programmers 365 days a year, with the exception of Day 256, when a box of cupcakes will be delivered.

To make the lives of programmers easier, we’ve designed the Signeasy API in the following ways:

Documentation in great detail

We’ve worked to make Signeasy as user-friendly as possible by offering extraordinarily extensive instructions for programmers who seek to include Signeasy into their platforms and applications. Customer help is consequently rarely required by those who utilise our API when they encounter difficulties, and even if they do, it is usually resolved quickly…

Excellent client service is provided.

For next-level customer service whenever programmers require assistance, they may turn to our responsive support team for assistance. Whether you’re a coder, a manager, or a personal user, we believe that comprehensive assistance is essential to our success.

Features that are extensive

The Signeasy API does not skimp on the features that consumers have come to expect and enjoy. Webhooks and quick notifications… our API is a one-and-done solution for programmers who want to easily integrate an eSigning experience into their apps and platforms. To learn more about our API, click here.

Programmers are responsible for the smooth operation of the globe. We take the effort to not only recognise the engineers at Signeasy HQ, but we also make certain that our API is designed with our community of developers in mind!

Related Posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More