If you’re having trouble getting your Brother printer to scan to your PC, there might be a firewall issue involved. Follow these simple steps to troubleshoot the issue and get your scans uploaded to your computer.
Brother scanner won’t scan to pc email, firewall issue?
If your Brother printer is not printing to your computer, there could be a firewall issue. To test this, open the Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button and typing “Firewall.” From the list of options that appear on the screen, choose “Advanced Settings” and then click on the “Windows Firewall” tab. In the “Windows Firewall Properties” window, make sure that the “Enabled” check box is checked and then click on the “OK” button. Next, open an email that you want to scan and attach the Brother printer icon to it. After doing this, make sure that the Brother printer is connected to your computer and that the email is sent. If the email was successfully scanned, then there is a firewall issue; if not, then there may be a problem with your printer.
How to fix Brother scanner not scanning to email or computer
If your Brother scanner is not scanning to email or your computer, there may be a firewall issue. Try opening the ports on your firewall for the Brother scanner to communicate with the computer. If that doesn’t work, try updating your firewall software.
What are the common causes of Brother scanner not scanning to email and computer?
There are several common causes of Brother scanner not scanning to email and computer. Some of the most common reasons include:
- A firewall issue. If your computer is blocking outgoing email traffic, the Brother scanner may not be able to communicate with your email server. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to open up your firewall settings and allow incoming email traffic from the Brother scanner.
- A problem with the email software on your computer. If you are using an older version of email software or if your computer is running low on memory, it may not be able to properly process the scanned images from the Brother scanner. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to upgrade your email software or install more memory on your computer.
- A problem with the Brother scanner itself. If there is a problem with the hardware of the Brother scanner, it may not be able to scan images correctly. In order to resolve this issue, you will need to bring the Brother scanner into a authorized service center for repair.
How to fix firewall issue preventing Brother scanner from connecting to the internet
If you are experiencing problems connecting your Brother scanner to the internet, there may be a firewall issue preventing the connection. To fix the problem, follow these steps:
1) On your computer, open the Windows Firewall.
2) In the left pane, click New Rule.
3) In the Description box, type Brother Scanner and press Enter.
4) In the Actions box, click Allow This Connection.
5) In the Profile drop-down menu, select Local Area Connection or Private Network Connection.
6) In the Protocols list, select TCP (Transmission Control Protocol).
7) Select Brother Scanner from the list of devices.
8) Click OK.
9) Close the Windows Firewall.
If you’re experiencing problems with your Brother scanner not being able to scan to a computer, it might be because of an issue with the firewall. In order to fix this problem, you’ll need to open up the firewall on your computer and allow traffic from port 25 (the ScanMail port) through. If you’ve already tried these steps and still cannot get your Brother scanner working, it might be time for a new printer.