A Brief Overview
This article will show you how to login to your Cox router using the default router IP, username, and password. This guide is applicable to Arris TG1682, Technicolor CGM4141, and CGM4331.
Login to your Cox router
To successfully access the Cox router settings, you need to first do these things:
1. To connect to the Cox router network, you will need a device such as a tablet, smartphone or computer. Although we recommend using the network cable, your device may not be able to support it. You can still use the WiFi connection if you don’t have the option. You can be logged out of your router if you save changes to your router, such as changing the network name, admin, or WiFi password.
2. You will need the login details for your Cox router – default IP address and username, password and password. These details can be found on the router’s sticker or in the user manual.
This guide will show you how to locate the default IP address of your router if you don’t know it or are unable to.
What is the login information for Cox routers?
- The IP address of the Cox router is: 192.168.0.1
- The username for the Cox router is admin
- The password for the Cox router is password
NOTE: Type username and password in small fonts.
How can I log in to my router’s cox ?
Once you have everything in order, the rest will be easy.
STEP 1: Open a web browser
Start any browser installed on the device that you have connected to the internet. This web browser can be used to access the router configuration page. To connect to the router, you don’t have to have an active Internet connection.
STEP 2: Type 192.168.0.1 in the browser’s URL bar
Next, type the Cox router login IP in the URL bar. Then press the Enter button. You should not type it in the Search field or you’ll get some Google search results about that IP.
STEP 3: Enter the Cox router login details
If your IP is correct, you’ll be asked to enter the router administrator username and password.
In the password field, type admin as username. These passwords are case sensitive so please use lowercase letters.
STEP 4: Click OK to log into the Cox router administration page
You will be redirected back to the router admin page when you click on the OK link under your username and password fields.
You will be able to modify the router administrator password from this page. This is a great security measure. From the moment, it is possible for anyone connected to your network to log into your Cox router to make changes or block you from the network. Change the router administrator password to stop this from happening.
You can, however, make the changes described in this article.
Don’t forget the Save button when you make changes to the settings. It is highly recommended that you make a backup copy of your router settings in case anything goes wrong. A backup will make it much easier to restore settings.
How do I change my Cox router login password
The first thing you will see when you log in to your Cox router is the option to change the administrator password.
Follow the instructions on the page.
- In the Current Password field, enter your current password.
- Enter a new password into the New password field, and then enter the same password again under the Re-enter New password section. This is a great way to ensure you have entered your new password correctly the first attempt.
- To make sure that you have entered your password correctly, you can check the Show typed Password box.
- You will see an alert box indicating that you have successfully saved your changes by clicking the Save link.
- You can now repeat the steps for login to Cox routers in order to ensure that you have changed your admin password.
- Keep the new password somewhere safe. If you forget your password, you can reset your Cox router to factory settings. Then login with the default username or password.