The popularity of the Cradlepoint 4g/3g routers is due to their portability, ease-of-use, and affordability. As with all routers, we customize our routers as soon as we use them. This includes changing the default wireless password and network name. To make these changes, we must access the Cradlepoint admin settings.
This article will explain how to do it correctly and how to modify these default wireless details. So, let’s get started!
- Router Cradlepoint
- PC. Smartphone or tablet
- Internet access via WiFi or Ethernet cable
- CradlePoint router login details
What are the CradlePoint Router Login Information?
The default login information for CradlepPoint routers is the following. These details can be used to access router settings. These login details will be required if you have modified them previously.
Default IP: 192.168.0.1
Default password:Depending upon the year of manufacture, the default password for your CradlePoint router will either be the last 8 characters or the entire serial number.
Login to CradlePoint Router
If you have all the necessary information (your device is connected, and your login details are prepared), then it’s time to begin the login process.
STEP 1 – Connect To The Network
Turn on your device and connect to the network. The WiFi connection is possible, but if your device has an Ethernet connection, it’s best to connect that way. If you don’t have access to the network over WiFi or the network cable, you won’t be able to login to your CradlePoint router.
STEP 2 – Launch A Web Browser
A web browser is installed on every smartphone, tablet and computer. It allows you to log in to your admin dashboard. The web-based interface makes configurations very easy. Launch the browser that you use the most.
STEP 3 – Enter 192.168.0.1 In The URL Bar
In the URL bar of your browser, enter the default CradlePoint address: 192.168.0.1
Once your device has been connected to the network and it is correctly assigned an IP, you will be asked to create a username/password.
If you receive an error message or you see a blank page, you need to confirm that 192.168.0.1 is the router’s default IP. This guide will help you locate the default router IP address.
STEP 4 – Enter The Admin Username And Password
You can find the login details on the label of your router by looking at it. Administrator is the default username. The serial number, or the last 8 characters in the MAC address, are the password.
NOTE:Remember that passwords are case sensitive.
STEP 5 – You Can Modify The Router Settings Now
Once you have entered your admin login details, click Login to access the admin dashboard. This will allow you to customize your WiFi network. You can also change the channel and update the router firmware.
Manage Your WiFi Network
Your network is at risk if you keep the default WiFi name or password. For starters, you should change your WiFi network name. These changes can be made by following the steps below.
How to Change the Wifi Password and Name On Cradlepoint Router
1. After you log in to your router and view the admin dashboard, take a moment to look at the menu to the left.
2. Click here Local Networks.
3. You now have the option to make modifications to your account. 2.4GHz or 5GHz network. No matter which network you choose, ensure that you make the necessary changes to the other network.
For instance, click here WiFi Radio #1 (2.4GHz).
4. Click on the SSIDChange is what you are looking for. The EditNow, the button will be colored. Click on it.
5. Popup windows will open allowing you to modify the SSID (Network Name) and WiFi password.
6. In the WiFi Name (SSID).Enter the new network address.
7. The Mode of SecurityChoose from the following lists WPA2 PersonalFrom the drop-down.
8. In the WPA SettingsSection Enter a new password to the Password for WPA field.
9. Click the SavePress the button OK You can confirm your selection in the new window
We hope you didn’t have any trouble logging into your Cradlepoint router. We recommend that you write down your login details if the login went well and keep them safe for future use. It is recommended to change the wireless password at least once a month, depending on how often you share it. You can now manage and secure your network within a matter of minutes.