Outlook will add your signature to your messages.
You must create a signature for both Outlook on the Web and Outlook on The Web if you have a Microsoft Microsoft 365 subscription. To use Outlook on-the-web email signatures, please see Create an email signature in Outlook.com.
To see the process, click on the video below.
1. Send a new email message.
2. Select Signature> Signatures from the Message menu.
Depending on how large your Outlook window is and whether you are composing an email message, reply, or forward, the Message menu or the Signature button may be located in different places.
3. Choose Edit signature. In the New dialog box type a name to sign the document.
4. You can edit your signature under. You can adjust font sizes, font colors, and font sizes as well as the text alignment. You can create a stronger signature by using bullets, tables, or borders. To do this, you will need to use Word to format the text. Then, copy the signature and paste it into the Edit Signature box. For your signature, you can also use one of our pre-designed templates. You can download the templates in Word and customize them with your information. Then copy the Edit signature boxes and paste it.
You can add images and links to your email signature. You can also change the fonts and colors. Justification of the text can be done using the mini formatting bar under Edit signature.
You can add social media icons to your signature, or modify one of our pre-designed templates. For more information, visit Create signature from a template.
5. Select default signature and set the following options to your signature:
6. Select an email account from the Email account dropdown box to associate the signature. Each email account can have a different signature.
7. Select one of your signatures to have your signature automatically added to new messages. You can choose not to have your signature added to all new messages. This does not add a signature for any messages that you reply to or forward.
8. Select one of your signatures to have your signature appear in replies and forwarded messages. If you don’t want your signature to appear in the messages you reply to and forward, select one of your signatures from the b>Replies/forwards/b> drop-down.
9. To save your signature, choose OK and return to your message. Outlook does not add your signature to the message that you opened in Step 1. This message will only have the signature added manually. The signature will be automatically added to all future messages. You can manually add the signature by selecting Signature in the Message menu, and then select the signature you have just created.
Your signature can be personalized with a logo or an image
These steps can be used if you have a logo for your company or an image that you want to include in your signature.
- Select Signature from a new message.
- Choose the signature that you would like to add a logo to in the Select Signature to Edit box.
- Select the Image icon to locate your image file and then select Insert.
- Right-click on the image and choose Picture to resize it. Choose the Size tab to resize the image. Make sure you check the Lock aspect rate box to maintain the image proportions.
- Once you are done, click OK to save your changes.
Insert a signature manually
You can manually add a signature even if you do not want to use a signature in all messages, replies, and forwards.
- Select Signature in your email message.
- Select your signature from the flyout menu. You can choose any signature you have created if you have more than one.