K-12 educational institutions have made the transition to the internet in the blink of an eye. The digital age has brought classrooms, homework assignments, and everyday paperwork into the digital realm, which has forced schools to implement software and technological solutions that will keep students, parents, and teachers connected to one another.
Even something as easy as returning a signed permission sheet in person now necessitates a completely other strategy. And, given the plethora of tasks that teachers and administrators are expected to shoulder, there is no time to spare in implementing a sophisticated new solution.
Along with doing their assignments from home, students are also receiving digital evaluations and report cards, which are typically required to be signed off on by a parent. Electronic signatures (eSignatures) are the preferred method of providing a quick and easy way for students to sign report cards online in K-12 schools.
How educational institutions can utilise Signeasy to rapidly obtain signatures for report cards online is demonstrated in this video tutorial.
Ensure that you have downloaded the report card file to your computer, either as a Word document or as a PDF file.
The second step is to log into your Signeasy account. If you don’t already have one, you may sign up for a 14-day free trial by clicking here. This will allow you to look around, feel comfortable, and learn why Signeasy is the top eSignature supplier for educational institutions and small and medium-sized businesses.
Step 3: Select “Request Signature” from the drop-down menu that appears when you click the blue “Start Signing” button in the top left corner of your dashboard.
The report card document should be uploaded by dragging and dropping it into the box on the left-hand side of the page or by hitting the “Upload” button.
Step 5: In the text box below the upload box, type in the email addresses of the signers. If you have more than one parent or guardian on file, you can add additional signers to your account. You can also include a message and CC other recipients in order to have a signed copy of the papers delivered to them (for example, if only one parental signature is required, but you would like both parents to receive a copy).
Tip: If you have synced your Signeasy account with your Gmail and Outlook accounts, your contacts will instantly appear in a drop-down menu when you begin inputting an email address in the Signeasy interface.
Step 6: If you’d want to annotate the document with fields, click the green “Add Fields” button in the top right corner of the document’s window. In order to reduce errors and omissions during the eSigning process, document fields specify where parties should give their signature, initials, name, and/or the date, thereby reducing errors and omissions (especially for longer and more complex documents).
If you want to skip this step, select “Send without Fields” from the drop-down menu. The eSignature request will be sent out immediately after that.
7. Use the left-hand panel to drag and drop the appropriate fields to their respective locations in the page. If there are many signers, you can determine which fields apply to which signer by selecting the checkboxes next to each field. To make navigating easier, each individual will be allocated a different colour.
Step 8: Once you have completed all of the relevant fields, click on the green “Send” button to submit your submission.
Following the completion of this step, a finalised copy of the document will be sent to each of the parties through email. In the meanwhile, you will be able to keep track of the progress of each pending document using your dashboard, and you will be able to swiftly send reminders to anyone who has not signed the document yet.
Make your academic institution a paperless one.
- It’s never been easier to earn an A+ than it is now.
- Quick and straightforward: Get started in minutes, with no need for complicated setup.
- Errors should be avoided: Make it easier for signers to navigate through a document by highlighting required fields.
- Produce legal, secure eSignatures: Signeasy is ESIGN act and eIDAS compliant, allowing you to create legally binding electronic signatures.
- Less paper use results in savings of tens of dollars per document.
- Reduce your carbon impact by doing the following: Reduce your paper use and waste by becoming paperless.