How to Set Up Gmail for Business in 4 Super-simple Steps
Google’s Gmail for Business is a leading professional email hosting service. It is easy to set up a new account. You can simply go to Google Workspace and click “Get Started.” Follow the instructions. Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), allows you to connect your domain and create professional email addresses. You can also get it as part of a productivity and collaboration suite starting at $6 per user per month.
Are you ready to get started? Google Workspace will give you your business email address within minutes.
1. Go to Google Workspace & Click on “Get Started”.
You will need a Google Workspace account to set up Gmail in your business. Go to Google Workspace, and click on the “Get Started” link. Next, you’ll be asked to enter the name of your company, the number, and country of employees, as well as the country. The next screen will ask you to enter your contact information.
2.Connect Your Domain or Buy a New Domain
After entering all your contact information and personal data, you’ll be asked if you have a domain name. Select “Yes, my domain name is available” if you have it. If not, choose “No, I don’t need it”. To purchase a domain directly from Google. You can also read this article about the best domain registrars.
Your answer to the domain name question will determine which step you take. You can use the drop-down box to find instructions that are based on the option you have selected.
To Register a New Domain
You will need to register if you don’t have a domain. This will be the part of your email address that comes after the @ sign (e.g., email@example.com). You can search for your domain using a domain registrar. You can register the domain for your email address if it is available. You can also enter a new domain if you don’t have one from the registrar. This article will help you find the best domain registrars.
3. Create Your User Name
The next step is to choose your username (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or other formats) and password for your business email address.
To keep things consistent and organized, businesses should use the same email address format across their entire organization. Once you have completed the information, click “Agree to Continue” to confirm that you are not a robot.
To determine the best format for your business, you can read more about choosing an email address.
4. To complete your check out, enter payment information
Finally, you will need to review your payment plan. You will be automatically assigned to the Business Standard plan by Google Workspace, which you cannot change. After completing the account setup, confirm your plan and then you can downgrade. This is a 14-day free trial and you won’t be charged yet.
Next, click “Next” and enter your payment information. Once you are done, confirm your order.
Next Steps After Setting Up Gmail for Business
Once you have set up Gmail Business, you will be able to access your account. This includes the entire suite of Google collaboration and productivity tools. You can transfer any of your email messages to your new Gmail account. To extend the functionality of Gmail for businesses, you might consider adding new Gmail apps or extensions.
- Move email to Gmail. Go to admin.google.com. Click on “Apps” from there and then click “Settings.” Next, check the box beside “User Email Uploads” and click “Save.” To begin the import process, return to Gmail and go to “Settings.” For troubleshooting and more information, visit Google Workspace Assistance.
- Personalize your email: You can personalize your Gmail account by adding a profile photo or creating a custom signature under “Settings”. Alternatively, you can use one of the most effective email signature generators.
- Create new users: If you want to set up Gmail business email accounts for employees, navigate to Google Domains and select “Email” from their menu. Then click the “Add New” button. Follow these steps.
- Use email apps to supercharge your Gmail. Increase productivity and even increase sales. This list contains the top email apps to help you get started.
Gmail for Business: The Pros and Cons
Gmail for businesses is user-friendly. It is easy to set up professional email addresses. Here are some other reasons to use Gmail for a professional email.
|Hosting for business email is highly rated||Gmail for business does not come with a free account, unlike Gmail for personal use.|
|Superior productivity and collaboration suite available||Pricing at the enterprise level is opaque (custom pricing only).|
|Its leading competitor, Microsoft, offers a better value|
|High-security privacy and security features are built-in|
You want to use Gmail as your business email provider but don’t have enough money. You can get a free email address for your business from your web host. This email will be available to you through Gmail and you can access it at no cost. Find out how to get a free email address for your business.
Gmail Business Email Pricing
Gmail is a great tool for business, but it comes with a price. Many plans will suit almost any budget and business size. The chances are that small- to medium-sized businesses will still find the $6 per month entry-level Business Starter plan sufficient.
Pricing plans for Gmail Business Emails (Source: Google Workspace).
The Business Starter plan is not the only one. For those who need more storage, the Business Standard plan ($12/user, per month) and the Business Plus plan ($18/user, per month), are options. The Enterprise plan is available if you have more than 300 accounts. This is because custom pricing is used. Google may offer special discounts from time to time. Check Google for the latest offers.
Here are the details of the three Gmail business email plans.
- Starter: This is the best option for small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), who are looking for professional email, as well as the entire suite of Google’s collaboration and productivity suites for $6 per user per month.
- Business Standard – This plan is best for businesses that outgrow the Business Starter Plan and need additional storage. Upgrades are available for $12 per month.
- Business PLUS: This plan is ideal for companies that have outgrown the Business Standard or who need to hold video conferences with 150-250 participants.
- Business: This is best for large businesses that require 300 accounts or more.
Have you found the right plan? Start with a 14-day free trial.