Scan to email Setup using gmail as SMTP
I understand you’ve been scanning your printer for email problems.
Don’t worry I want to help you out. Do not worry.
Have you changed your printer?
Please give the model name of your printer and operating system to help you better.
As you said when trying to scan your printer’s email, you get a connection error.
Try to update the EWS page email and password.
Please try assigning your printer a static IP and check if the problem persists.
Print the Config Network Page on the front of the printer. Note the IP address of the printer.
- Type this IP address into your browser to view the internal settings of the printer.
- Select the Network tab and then the IPv4 tab on the left side.
- You want to set a Manual IP in this screen. You need to set an IP address outside of the range automatically set by the router (DHCP range). Change the latest number set (those after the last ‘.’) to 250 if you don’t know the range.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for a subnet (if you don’t know it’s special, use that)
- Enter the IP (Network Config Page) for the gateway for your router.
- Enter the first DNS 188.8.131.52 and the second DNS 184.108.40.206. This is Google DNS. If you want, you can select another external DNS.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button.
- Turn off the router and the printer, start the router, wait until the printer is running.
If the problem persists, try the steps below.
Please take the following measure.
- On the front panel, select Web Services and then Settings.
- Choose to ‘delete online services’ and wait until the services are withdrawn.
- When you’re done, you’ll return to your homepage.
- Select the Web Services icon on your printer and re-establish Web Services.
- You will receive a newer code. Later, you can use this code to link the printer to your account using eprintcenter.com/hpconnected.com.
- You may or may not have to create another email address.
- Seek another email search using the app.
Please mark the approved solution for this post if the solution given worked for you.
Let me know whether that helps!