Create a Google Account to sign up for Gmail. To sign in to Gmail, you can use your username and password.
Register for a Gmail Account
- Go to the Google Account creation page.
- To set up an account, follow the steps shown on the screen.
- Sign in to Gmail using the account you have created.
Create an account
The username that I would like is already taken
If the username you have requested is:
- Already being used.
- Very similar to an existing username (for instance, email@example.com is not allowed if firstname.lastname@example.org exists).
- It is the same as a username someone has used in the past but then deleted.
- Google reserves the right to block spam and abuse.
Someone is trying to impersonate me
You can sue someone if they have created a Gmail account to attempt to impersonate you.
- File a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
- Contact the Office of Consumer Protection in your state.
Use Gmail for your business
A Google Workspace account is better than a personal Google Account if you plan to use Gmail in your business. Google Workspace is $6 per user per month and includes the following:
- Gmail account that is professional and ad-free. It can be used with your company’s domain, such as email@example.com.
- You have ownership of employee accounts. This allows you to be in complete control of the company’s files, emails, and accounts.
- Chat support, phone, and email support are available 24/7 from a real person
- Storage for Google Drive and Gmail has been increased.
- Mobile device management allows you to protect your data, including the ability to remotely wipe out devices.
- Administrative and security controls.