Sending Scanned Data as E-Mail from Computer
Check the following before attaching scanned data to an e-mail:
The MP Drivers have been installed. (For Windows)
- Install MP Drivers via the Setup CD-ROM or from the Canon website if they are not already installed.
When using a network connection to scan,
- Make that the printer is properly connected to the computer.
- For Windows users:
- Settings for Network Scan
- For Mac OS X users:
Screen for Scan-from-Operation-Panel Settings
- Canon IJ Scan Utility (Windows)/Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite allows you to specify the destination and file name (Mac OS).
- In Canon IJ Scan Utility/Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite, you can pick the destination and file name. More information on Canon IJ Scan Utility/Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite settings can be found here:
For Windows users:
- Dialog Box for Configuration
For Mac OS X users:
- Dialog for Configuration
To transmit the scanned data as an e-mail from the computer, follow the steps below.
1.Ensure that the printer is turned on.
2.Place the original document on a platen glass or in an automatic document feeder (ADF).
3.On the HOME screen, select Scan.
How to Use the Operation Panel?
The screen where you can choose where you want to save the data appears.
1.screen with a touch
2.Select E-mail Attachment.
3.Choose a computer to send scanned data to.
4.For a USB-connected computer, select Local (USB), or for a network-connected computer, select the computer to forward the scanned data.
screen with a touch
- The Scan standby screen appears on the screen.
- As needed, make adjustments to the settings.
screen with a touch
- Choose a document type.
5.The printer automatically recognizes the originals’ type and sends the image in the best size, resolution, and data format.
It is crucial
- Originals must be loaded correctly according to their type; otherwise, some originals may not be scanned correctly.
6.For additional information about loading the original, see:
Originals are being loaded.
- The following objects are unable to be scanned correctly.
- Photos in A4 format
- Documents that are smaller than 5 inches by 7 inches (127 mm x 178 mm), such as a paperback with the spine removed.
- Originals printed on ultra-thin white paper
- Originals that are long and narrow, such as panoramic shots
- To scan the document, select the option.
- Choose to scan the image.
- The Scan Settings screen appears.
- For further information on the setting items, see:
- Using the Operation Panel to Prepare Items for Scanning
- This example demonstrates how to load the original.
- Displays the destination selection screen.
To scan in color, press the Color button; to scan in black and white, use the Black button.
Keep in mind
- A message appears on the touch screen if the original is not properly loaded. Depending on the scan settings, place the original on the platen glass or in the ADF.
- If you use the ADF to load the original:
- The printer begins scanning, and the scanned information is sent to the computer.
7.If you place the original on the platen glass, it will look like this:
When you choose JPEG or TIFF as the scan format on the scan setup screen, the printer begins scanning and sends the scanned data to your computer.
After you pick PDF or Compact PDF as the scan format on the scan configuration screen, a confirmation page appears, asking if you want to continue scanning.
screen with a touch
- If you want to keep scanning, place the original on top of the platen glass and begin scanning.
- Select End if you do not want to continue scanning. The computer receives the scanned information.
- The settings of Canon IJ Scan Utility/Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite determine how scanned data is delivered to the computer.
- Refer to the mail software’s instruction manual for settings and how to send an e-mail.
- After scanning is complete, remove the original from the platen glass or the document output slot.