Hathway Cable & Datacom is an Indian cable TV and internet provider (based in Mumbai). It was founded in 1959. There are now 170 firms in the Hathway Corporation.
The company is also well-known for providing internet service in India as the first.
Hathway Broadband also offers Wi-Fi routers that you can use. This article is particularly relevant for users of Hathway routers.
Why is it Important to Change Your Wi Fi Password?
The most fundamental question we need to answer is: Why is it important for Wi-Fi password changes to be made?
While it is clear that many users know the answer already, we want to remind those who are using the router for first time about the importance of changing their Wi-Fi password.
There are many reasons why password changes are important. Two reasons are listed below:
- Neighbors who “take” your internet – This happens all the time. Because many routers have similar default Wi-Fi passwords, you should be aware that a neighbour can simply “break” your password. The use (or rather steeling) of the Internet by your neighbours who are within range of your Wi-Fi network will cause your Internet to perform poorly — it will be much slower.
- Hackers – Your Wi-Fi internet might be quite beneficial to hackers. Hackers can be a serious issue. Hackers aren’t like your neighbours; they don’t want free internet connection, but they do want your bank and personal information.
Change your password to avoid getting into these unfortunate situations.
How do I get basic information about my Hathway Router
Here are some basic facts about routers
- Password/default username (router GUI credentials).
- Password and network name (SSID).
- IP address default
This information is crucial because without it, you will be unable to log in to your network and hence change your Wi-Fi password. Almost all router brands have these pieces of information on the bottom or back of the router.
Another way to find an IP address
Most router models have the basic information on the sticker located on the bottom or back of the router. This includes the IP address. For some reason, however, this information might not be on a sticker. What can you do then?
Even in this circumstance, you can acquire your router’s IP address by following these steps:
Enter Ipconfig into the command prompt. Locate the Default Gateway section.
You will find a number next to the Default Gateway. This number is your IP address.
How and why to reset your router?
Logging in to your router is the only way to change your Wi-Fi password. If you haven’t changed it so far, you’ll use the defaults, but what to do in a situation where you’ve changed it and can’t remember the current password?
Resetting the router is an option that can be used to remedy this problem.
What happens when you reset your router? All changes to the router made after applying this procedure will be lost. You should now be able log in to router with the default password after the reset.
To correctly reset your router, you don’t need much knowledge or experience with routers. Simply press and hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds. Then release. You can find the reset button on the back of your router. It is hidden in a pinhole, so that you don’t have to press it with a thin object.
How to change your Hathway Wi Fi password?
Hathway offers many brands to customers. We will demonstrate how to change Hathway Wi Fi Password using ZTE or SKYWORTH routers.
How to Change Hathway Wi Fi Password (ZTE).
- First, connect your computer to the Hathway Wi-Fi network (ZTE).
- Press enter and type 192.168.1.1
- Log in now. (Username: Admin, password is on sticker). You may also be required to input the Validate Code, which is located beneath the username and password.
- Select Network and then click WLAN.
- Select Security
- You will need to enter a new password under the WPA Passphrase Section. Password must contain at least 8 characters
- Click Send.
How to Change the Wi-Fi Password for Hathway (SKYWORTH),
- Similar to ZTE routers, your computer must be connected to the Hathway/SKYWORTH Wi-Fi network.
- Press enter and type 192.168.1.1
- Log in now (Administrator is the default username and password).
- After logging in, select Wireless.
- Choose Primary Network from the menu to the left.
- You can change your password in the WPA Pre-Shared Key Section.
- Click Apply.
Finally, we want to emphasize that changing your Wi-Fi password and not using the default one is critical in preventing others from obtaining it or your personal information. We hope you found this post useful.
When generating a new password, be careful not to include personal information such as your name or date of birth, as this information is easily guessed. Make sure your password is strong; we recommend using a combination of lowercase and uppercase characters, numbers, and other symbols.