Netgear, a company that manufactures network hardware for business use (enterprises), home use (homeowners), and service providers.
It was established in 1996. It is located in California and has offices in over 30 countries. The current staff number is over 1000.
This article will show you how to get to know Netgear routers. This article will help you change the Netgear wi–fi password. This is an important skill for all Netgear router customers, both current and potential.
Netgear Router Information
The sticker that identifies the device information of most routers (including Netgear routers) is usually located on the back or bottom. There, you’ll discover the Wi-Fi password for your router, as well as the default username and other essential information (MAC address, serial number, etc.).
The most important information that you will find on the sticker is:
- Username default
- Default password
- Default IP addresses (in most cases) – 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1
If you change the default IP address on your Netgear router and after a while, you can’t remember it or if there’s no sticker on the router, there is a very simple way to find it. Follow these steps.
- Use the keyboard to press the Windows key as well as the R key.
- This action opens a Run Window in which you can enter CMD. Then click OK to confirm.
- Enter ipconfig, and then press ENTER.
- The IP address of your router’s router is indicated by the number in the Default gateway.
How to reset Netgear Router
If you forget your password, the simplest thing you can do is reset the router (note that reset is not the same as reboot/restart). This involves resetting factory settings and deleting all personal settings (usernames, passwords, network names).
- Make sure that the router is on.
- You will find the reset button on the router’s back.
- Hold the button down for 10 seconds. Then release it. To press, use a paperclip, needle, or other sharp object.
- Now, press the RESET button.
That’s the whole process, your router has been reset – reset to factory settings.
How to Change Netgear WIFI Password through Web Manager
We will use the Netgear Nightwalk X6 R8000 router as an example to show you how to change Netgear Wi Fi password using the web manager. This is how you can change the Wi-Fi password on most Netgear routers.
- In your internet browser, enter routerlogin.net Instead of using.net, the extension.com is available. Or, you can use the router’s default IP address – 192.168.1.1.
- You will now need to enter your router username, and password. (The default username is adminYou can also use the default password to access this site. Password).
- Once you have entered your username and password click Log in.
- The BASIC homepage will now open.
- Click on Wireless.
- In the Name field, enter a new network address.
- In the Password field (network key), enter a new password. WPA2-PSK is the preferred security option.
- After the procedure is completed, click Apply.
That’s the whole process – your changes have been saved.
Note: After applying the settings and logging out, you will be disconnected.
How to Change Netgear Wi Fi Password via Mobile Application
The application is another simple method to change your Wi-Fi password.
- Your router’s WIFI network should be available to your mobile phone.
- If you haven’t already, download the Netgear Nighthawk app from Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Start the application.
- Please log in to your NETGEAR account (or create a new one). After that, you must input your router’s administrator password and then click SIGN IN (the dashboard will be displayed).
- Click on Wi-Fi Settings. You will see the Wi Fi page.
- You will need to enter a brand new Wi-Fi name, and a brand new Wi-Fi password in this step.
- You will find the Save option at the end of the procedure in the upper right corner. Click on it to save your changes.
This is it. Your credentials are now changed successfully.
To protect your Netgear Wi-Fi network from hackers and neighbors who might be using it illegally, we recommend you change your default Wi -Fi password.
A combination of numbers and letters is the best way to create a new password. It’s almost impossible to crack this password. (Avoid “weak” passwords such as names, years of birth, etc.).