The full name of this brand is Amazon Echo because “Echo” is a line of smart speakers created and marketed by Amazon.
Amazon Echo Dot, a tiny version of the original Amazon Echo smart speaker, is also available.
The Amazon Echo Dot resembles a hockey stick in look. It also features a number of buttons for changing the volume or other settings. Although these buttons are included, they are not required because the device is primarily intended for voice control. Echo Dot has gone through four generations. Only the fourth generation does not resemble a puck.
If you have an Echo Dot speaker or plan to get one soon, read this article because we’ll explain you how to utilise it.
Echo Dot – How It Works
This smart speaker supports voice controls and works using a personal assistant that has artificial intelligence – Alexa.
Alexa can do a lot of things. Here are some examples:
- It can also play music
- It answers questions (answers can be found on the Internet).
- It can also control all smart devices in the home, such as our TVs and computers.
How do you connect your Echo Dot to Wi Fi?
Here’s how to connect Echo Dot to Wi-Fi:
- First, power on your Echo Dot.
- Open the Alexa app (if you haven’t already, you can download the app from the Play Store or App Store).
- Click here to learn more
- Select Settings.
- Find Device Settings under Settings and then tap Echo Dot.
- Tap Wi-Fi Network (Wi-Fi Network is located in the Status section).
- Now select Change – located in the Wi-Fi network section.
- To turn the light on, tap the action button.
- Select Continue
- You must touch YES when the Echo Dot light turns to orange
- Select the Wi Fi network from the Wi-Fi settings on your phone.
- Now, go back to Alexa. You will need to wait for the Alexa app to discover your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Wi-Fi network that you wish your Echo Dot connect to. After tapping the network, wait until Dot connects.
- To complete the process, click the Continue button.
That’s it – your Echo Dot is now successfully connected to Wi-Fi.
VIDEO TUTORIAL – How to Connect an Echo Dot to Wi-Fi
Troubleshooting – Echo Dot can’t connect to Wi-Fi?
These are some things you can do if your Echo Dot doesn’t connect to Wi Fi.
- Check if you’ve entered your Wi-Fi credentials correctly.
- Check that your echo spot is within the Wi-Fi range of the network. If it’s not, you may need a Wi-Fi extender.
- Restarting your Echo Dot can sometimes solve the problem. First turn it off, then after a few seconds, turn it on again.
- You can restart your Echo Dot by also restarting the modem and router.
- Resetting your Echo Dot to factory setting is possible, but after that you will need to reconfigure the smart speaker.
If your Echo Dot still won’t connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve tried all of the previous methods, the gadget is most likely malfunctioning or physically damaged. In that situation, you should contact Amazon Customer Support and ask them how to fix the problem.