Hisense GroupThis Chinese company, located in Qingdao Province, Shandong Province, manufactures white goods and electronic devices.
It’s been present on the market for several decades, since 1969, when they started producing radios. Hisense currently has 54 branches around the globe and more than 80,000 employees.
They are most well-known for their TV productions, and they are number one in China.
This article will help you if you use these TVs. Connect your TV to WiFi using a wireless router without the use of a remote..
Hisense TV can be connected to Wi-Fi via a USB Mouse and Keyboard
It is a common occurrence that we lose our remotes. We know exactly how unpleasant it can be. Today’s TVs come with many options. Remote control is vital.
Without a remote control, connecting a TV to Wi-Fi networks seems complicated. But don’t worry – it’s not like that. This article will demonstrate how to connect your Hisense TV wirelessly to Wi-Fi. A USB keyboard or mouse can be used instead.
It is very easy to connect a keyboard or mouse to a TV. Most Hisense TVs don’t require any additional settings. All you have to do is plug the wireless mouse or keyboard USB adapter into the USB port of your Hisense TV and that’s it.
- The power button turns on the TV. Hisense TVs come in a variety of models. They have buttons to turn on, adjust channels and settings as well as volume control.
- The USB port can be used to insert the adapter for the wireless mouse/keyboard.
- To change the settings, you can use the mouse (or the button on the TV).
- Next, click on Network.
- Select the first option – Network Configuration.
- Next, choose the network to which you want to link your TV.
- Click Connect to enter your Wi-Fi password.
That’s the whole process, your TV should be connected to the internet.
You can access the menu or navigate through settings using the joystick or bottom joystick of your TV. As in the previous example above, navigate to Settings and open Network Settings. Next, select Network Configuration. Enter the password and click on Connect. It may take longer to enter your password with a joystick but it should work.
Accessing Wireless Networks with Temporary Wired Connection
This can only be done on a Hisense TV with a LAN port (or Ethernet port). You must have the Hisense RemoteNow app. You can’t immediately use the RemoteNow app to control your Hisense TV and connect it to your Wi-Fi because the app, or rather your phone, has to be on the same network as your TV. So, we have to get around this problem by connecting your router/gateway to the LAN port on the TV.
- Run an Ethernet cable from the LAN port on your router to the LAN port on your TV. Then, use the power button on the side or bottom of your TV to turn on your TV. Since you’re using a wired connection, your TV is already connected to your home network, so you don’t need to enter any passwords.
- Use your smartphone to connect to the Wi Fi network. Start RemoteNow (Android/iOS). You can navigate to settings using the app since your TV and phone are on the same network.
- You can pair the RemoteNow app to your TV to navigate through settings. Select Network, then click on Network Configuration. Refresh the list to find your network. You can click on it with the RemoteNow application, enter your password, and click Connect. You can unplug your Ethernet cable when you receive a prompt to confirm that your TV is connected via Wi-Fi.
- The network name and password will be saved to your TV and it will automatically connect the next time you turn it on. So, the next time, you won’t need the Ethernet cable; you can just turn on the TV, open the RemoteNow app, and use the app instead of your remote.
Tricking Your Hisense Roku TV
We saw this trick on YouTube, and if you have a Hisense TV with the Roku operating system, it may or may not work for you. Only Roku TVs were used to try out the trick.
For this trick, you’ll need two smartphones and to know the SSID and password of the last Wi-Fi network your TV was connected to. Also, you’ll need a TV. Control by mobile apps setting enabled (it’s enabled by default). To create a hotspot, you will need one smartphone. You will use the other smartphone as a remote.
First, create a hotspot. Rename your phone to match the name of last Wi-Fi network to which your TV was connected. Your hotspot password must match that of the last Wi Fi network. After you have created the hotspot, turn it on and check if it connects to the Wi-Fi network automatically. If it doesn’t connect, then the trick doesn’t work. You can continue to the next stage if it does connect.
The next step is connecting your other phone (the one that you’re going to use as a remote) to the hotspot. After connecting, you will be able to launch the Roku App on your other phone. The discovery screen should show your TV. You can pair the Roku app with your TV to control it.
From there, you can try connecting your TV to your home Wi-Fi (Home>Settings>Network>Set up Connection). If your TV connects to the Wi Fi, you can turn off your hotspot to connect to your other device to the Wi Fi.
We hope that this article has helped you to connect your Hisense TV wirelessly without the need for a remote. Although the original remote control works best, it is not the easiest or most effective way to connect your Hisense TV to Wi-Fi.