Most likely, we have all been in a situation where we were without a TV remote. Modern smart TVs highlight the importance of remote control.
One of the most difficult things is connecting your TV to Wi-Fi without a remote. But don’t worry, it’s not like that. We will show you how to connect your LG smart TV with Wi-Fi using only a remote. A USB mouse or keyboard is all you need.
Verify the compatibility of your mouse with your LG TV
Before you start the process, ensure that the keyboard and mouse are compatible. This is easiest to check by visiting the LG Support Guide. Under the remote section you’ll see USING A MOUSE AND KEYBOARD. This option will open and display a list with compatible models. Even if your mouse/keyboard isn’t on the list, there is a good chance that it will be compatible. The compatibility of older models with the data transfer mode that is no longer supported by some mouse manufacturers is not possible.
Use a mouse to connect LG TV to Wi Fi
- After verifying that the device is compatible, connect your mouse to the smart television. You will need to connect the mouse to the TV’s USB port at the beginning. Next, press the single button located in the middle of your TV. Three options will open – you need to select INPUT.
- This will open a window that offers several options. Click on “Live TV” with your mouse.
- Move your mouse to right to open the MENU. From the menu, you need to select the option “RECOMMENDED” (this option is below the option “Channel”).
- You will need to complete the network configuration process. You will see the message “You are not connected”. Below the message is the Configure your Network option. Select “Yes” to begin the configuration process.
- The network settings window will open. Select the “SSID of the router”, and then enter the Wi-fi password.
- Last, save your configuration.
It’s done. The LG TV is now connected to the Wi-Fi network.
VIDEO TUTORIAL – How to Connect an LG TV to Wi-Fi without remote
Use your smartphone as a remote control
It’s very handy to know that your smartphone can almost replace the remote. However, your smartphone can’t be used before the TV is connected to your Wi-Fi, and for that, you need a mouse).
These instructions will show you how to use a cell phone as a remote.
- A smart TV and smartphone must first be connected to the same network.
- You can download the Smartify app for LG TV Remote from either the Apple App Store (Google Play Store) or the Apple App Store.
- When you open it after installation, the warning “Smarty would like to find and connect to devices on your local network” will appear. Confirm by clicking “OK”.
You can now use your phone as a remote control by connecting it to a smart television.
We hope this article helped you solve your problem and show you how to connect your TV with your Wi-Fi network. However, we recommend you still get a remote because it is the easiest and quickest way to control your TV.