You’re in for a wonderful streaming experience if you have a TCL TV (better yet, a TCL Roku TV). When the remote is misplaced, though, everything comes to a halt. It could be in your living room or on the couch. For long periods of time, it can be difficult to locate.
This occurs to everyone, so learning how to manage your TV without the remote is a good idea. We’ll show you how to connect your TCL TV to Wi-Fi without using a controller today.
Understandably, you’d have a lot of thoughts swirling around in your head about the process’s technological challenges. This article will show you how to solve the technical issues that can develop when using a remote to connect your TV to the internet.
Connecting your TCL to your Wi-Fi network can be done in a variety of ways. This post will demonstrate how to connect utilising a few basic steps. Let’s get started right now.
Wired and wireless keyboard/mouse
The best solution for long-term is to buy a replacement remote if the remote is lost. For TCL TVs that run on Roku OS, there are two options: a universal remote and a Roku TV remote. You can also use a keyboard/mouse combination to control your TV. It is a smart idea to verify that the keyboard and mouse work with your TCL television.
Stick to the following steps to connect your TCL TV to Wi-Fi using a keyboard/mouse when you can’t find the TV remote:
- Connect the keyboard/mouse to the TCL TV – plug the USB transmitter into the TV’s USB port.
- Once you have established a connection, you can navigate the settings menu and search for Network Settings. It’s very similar to your remote. In fact, it’s easier to use than the remote.
- Once you’ve found Network Settings, click Wireless Networks to scan for available networks and then connect to it.
- Now your TCL TV can be connected to the Wi Fi, so you can control everything using your smartphone.
If your TCL TV runs on Roku OS, using the Roku app to operate your TCL TV and connect it to Wi-Fi is a simple process. You’ll need two phones: one for the app and another for the hotspot. What exactly is a hotspot? In a moment, you’ll find out.
You can’t connect to an unfamiliar Wi-Fi network (one to which your TV has never been linked before) just by turning on the TV and controlling it with the app. Why? Because Roku and your TV must share the same Wi-Fi network. So while your phone may connect to the new Wi-Fi, your television cannot.
However, your television is likely to recognise several networks from the past. The name and password for at least one network to which your TV was connected if you know the name of a network. This information can be utilised to set up a hotspot.
So, let’s get started. On one phone, you will build a hotspot. The name and password will be set to match the network name saved in the memory of your television. If the network has been memorised, your TV will instantly connect to it – no need to go through the settings. When you switch on your TV after setting up your hotspot, it will immediately connect to it.
Let us now turn our attention to the other phone. Now you’ll connect the other phone to the same hotspot and install Roku on it. Your phone is now connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. The Roku app can be used to connect to another Wi-Fi network or control the TV.
Navigate to settings and find Wi-Fi settings. Then scan for Wi Fi networks and connect. Your TV will automatically connect to another network. However, your phone is still connected with the hotspot. Turn off the hotspot to regain control. Simply connect your phone (the Roku app-equipped one) to the Wi-Fi and your TV will be back in your hands.
Alternatives to the Roku App
Roku OS is not available for all TCL TVs. TCL TVs may also come with Android TVs. In this case, there’s no official TCL app, but you can use the Android TV Remote Control app made by Google LLC (iOS/Android). Although the app is not responsive and basic, it could be used to connect your TCLTV to Wi-Fi. It is basically the same process as the previous explanation.
Wi-Fi isn’t the only way you can connect to the Internet. There is also a wired connection. An Ethernet connection is more reliable and less likely to be disrupted than a wireless connection via radio waves. You can either use this as your permanent solution, or just as a temporary one. These are the steps:
- You should get either a Cat 6 ethernet cable or a Cat 8 ethernet cable. Make sure that the cable is long enough for your TCL TV and the router.
- Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to the modem/router and the other to your TCLTV (use the LAN port).
- Okay, once you’ve established a connection, your phone can be connected to the same network via Wi Fi.
- Roku allows you to control your TV from your phone, as they are connected to the same Wi Fi. Open the app to connect to your TV via Wi-Fi. You can unplug your cable once the TV has connected to Wi Fi. That’s it – your TCL TV is connected to Wi-Fi and you didn’t use the remote.
Even though you’ve read all of the steps, are you still curious about how to connect TCLTV with Wi-Fi using the remote? Any of these methods should allow you to connect your TV without a remote to Wi-Fi and still be able to watch your TCL TV.