Vizio, an American company, is best known for producing and selling televisions and soundbars. In the past they also produced computers and telephones.
It was established in California in 2002 (with its headquarters in Irvine). Vizio is also active in China and Mexico.
This article will help you connect your TV to Wi Fi without the use of a remote control if you own one of these TVs.
Methods to Connect Vizio TV To Wi-Fi Without the Need for a Remote
Nearly everyone has been without a remote control at some point in their lives. We all know how frustrating this can be. The remote control is crucial, especially in today’s age of smart TVs that offer many functions and options.
Connecting the TV to Wi Fi network without a remote seems impossible at first glance. But don’t worry – it’s not like that. In this article, we will show you two methods to connect your Vizio TV wirelessly to Wi-Fi.
- You can use a USB keyboard and mouse
- An Ethernet cable is used
Connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi Using a USB Keyboard
- To connect your Vizio TV with a USB keyboard, you first need to reset the TV to its factory settings. The buttons on the TV will allow you to do this. These buttons are located under the TV screen or on the back. They may be located on either the left or right, depending on which model.
- Turn on the TV. At the same time, press the volume down and Input buttons. Both buttons should be held for five seconds.
- A message will be displayed on the screen directing you to press the Input button and hold it for 10 seconds.
- The process of setting your TV back up will start after 10 seconds.
- Once the reset is complete you can connect a USB keyboard at the back of your TV. You can either use a wireless keyboard or a wired keyboard.
- Use the keyboard to select the Network option from the Menu.
- The Wi-Fi networks available will be displayed (below Wireless Access Points).
- Choose the Wi Fi network that you want to connect, then enter the password.
- After you have successfully entered your password, click the Connect button at the bottom of your screen to confirm it.
That’s it – your Vizio TV should be successfully connected to Wi-Fi.
Use an Ethernet Cable to connect Vizio TV and Wi-Fi
Vizio TVs usually have Ethernet ports. You can also use this method if this is the case for your TV model.
It is recommended that you turn off the TV and then turn it again on by pressing the Power button on the back. Your TV should then be connected to the Internet.
But wait! Aren’t we supposed to show you how to wirelessly connect your TV to the internet? But we must first use the Ethernet cable. It is only a temporary solution. We can use the Vizio smartCast Mobile application (previously available in the Play Store or App Store), to connect our TV to the Wi Fi network. Make sure your phone is connected to the same WiFi network as the TV in order to make this possible.
Use the application as a remote control and then repeat the steps to connect the TV to Wi Fi using the same method.
How to Connect a Cell Phone to a Vizio Television (Application).
These steps will allow you to connect your smartphone and Vizio TV. You can then use the remote control as an input device.
- Get the Vizio SmartCast Mobile App.
- Start the application
- Tap Control (located at bottom of screen)
- Select the Devices option in the upper-right corner.
- A list of devices will appear – select your TV model from it.
How to pair Vizio SmartCast with Your Vizio TV
After selecting the TV, you will see a control menu on your phone. This menu can be used almost exactly like the remote control.
We hope you found this post informative and that it assisted you in connecting your TV to your Wi-Fi network. Still, we recommend that you obtain a new remote (or a universal remote if you can’t find the original) because it is the simplest and most convenient way to control your television.