Universal Plug and Play is an assortment of network protocols that allow computers and devices on your network to quickly find and connect to each other in order to create functional network services. UPnP is primarily intended for home networks, and not large businesses. From a consumer’s perspective, it is extremely convenient. However, hackers can easily misuse it and pose a serious security threat. It is easy to enable UPnP in most brands. You only need to have access to the admin panel and a few mouse clicks.
This article will show you how to operate your Huawei, TP–LINK, D–LINK, and TENDA routers in a simple and step-by-step manner. If you have a different brand, the steps and options will generally be similar, so keep reading and you’ll probably figure it out.
It’s as simple as entering into the router’s admin panel, finding the UPnP option, and turning it on.
Skip the next section if you already know how to access the router’s admin panel.
Login to the Router’s Admin Panel
A device with an internet browser and a connection to your router are required. It makes no difference if the connection is Wi-Fi or Ethernet. It makes no difference if the connection is mobile or desktop.
The default IP address of the router is printed on a sticker on the back of the device. Typically, it’s 192.168.0.1. It’s possible to double-check that the right one is still available. You can do this by entering the IP address into the address bar of a connected device’s internet browser. You’re ready to go if you can see the router’s login screen on a monitor or display. If not, use these steps to determine the router’s current IP address.
How to find a router’s IP on a Windows PC:
- Type in cmd Click the search button next to the Windows logo at the bottom of the screen, and then open Command Prompt.
- Type in ipconfig Enter the code
- The router’s IP address will be written next to the Default gateway.
How to find a router’s IP on a Mac:
- Click on the Apple logo and choose System preferences.
- Click on Network
- Select the network you’re on.
- Click on “Advanced”
- Switch to TCP/IP tab
- The router’s IP address will be next to “Router”-
How to find a router’s IP on an Android phone:
Scroll down to go to Settings, then Wi-Fi. Click on the Wi-Fi icon to view network details. The router’s IP address will be under “Gateway” or “Router.”
How to find a router’s IP on iPhone:
- Next, tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the WI-Fi network you’re connected to.
- Scroll down until your reach the IPv4 address area.
- The router’s IP address will be next to “Router.”
Type the IP address of the router into the address bar of your internet browser. To continue, you’ll need an administrator username and password. You’ll find them on the same sticker on the back of the router if you don’t care about security and are still using defaults. It’s time to recall what you chose if you changed them when you set up the router. Contact the person or company who installed your router for their contact information.
Perform a factory reset on the router if you can’t find the administrator login and password anywhere and you really must enable UPnP. You’ll be able to use the defaults printed on the back of the router if you do this.
BEWARE: Restoring the router to factory settings will require you to restart the router configuration process from the beginning.
OK. You’re only a few clicks away from your goal now that you have the information you need to access the Admin panel, also known as the “web-based setup page.”
Let’s get started by logging into the admin panel.
How do I enable UPnP for TP-LINK Routers?
- Log in to your TP Link router
- Navigate to AdvancedSection
- Choose NAT forwarding.
- Select UPnP.
- Flip the UPnP toggle button
- Restart the router
How do I enable UPnP on NETGEAR Router
- Login to your Netgear router
- Go to ADVANCED > Advanced setup > UPnP
- The following are some examples: UPnPbox
- Click Apply
How do you enable UPnP for Huawei Routers?
- Log in to your Huawei router
- Click on the top of your screen to select More functions
- Click on the link to the left. Network settingsIf so, UPnP.
- Turn the switch by turning it on and off ON.
How do you enable UPnP with your D-LINK Router
- Log in to your D-Link router
- Choose the Tools tab.
- Click on Misc. Click on Misc.
- Locate the UPnP settings section, and enable it.
- Click ApplyIf so, NEXT
How do you enable UPnP in TENDA Router
- Log in to your TENDA router
- Select Advanced
- Click on UPnP
- It will be enabled in the new window
- Reboot The router.
As you can see, it’s really straightforward. If you have a router that isn’t listed above, simply look through the choices in the Admin panel. UPnP is typically found in the Advanced, Miscellaneous, or NAT forwarding sections. To enable an option, click the radio button, check the box, or flick the toggle switch when you’ve located it. Follow the instructions on the admin panel to save settings or restart the router.
Look for the restart button on the back of the router and push it if you don’t know how to reboot it. If you can’t find one, turn off the router (or unhook the power cord if there isn’t one), wait fifteen seconds, then turn it back on.