Asus router users often experience the Power light blinking issue. This issue is simple to fix. We are confident that the solutions provided in this article will solve the problem.
It is important to understand what the status lights actually mean before we can fix the problem. The status lights on your router can be used to indicate the state of your network and connection. We can also tell which color and what behavior each light (solid, blinking slowly or fast) indicates.
What does Asus Router Power light blinking mean?
According to Asus, the blinking Power light can be set up in two different patterns.
- It indicates that the router is in rescue mode if it blinks slowly.
- It is a sign that WPS is processing if it flashes quickly.
- This knowledge will help us to fix our problem.
How do I fix the Asus Router Power Light blinking issue?
Since most users today are not tech savvy, the good thing here is that the following solutions don’t require special tech knowledge in order to perform them. Keeping that in mind, let’s see what you can do to fix this issue.
Upgrade your Router Firmware Manually
While it might sound complex, updating the router firmware is simple and straightforward. We’ll have to do it manually just in case.
- Download the firmware from the official website of Asus. Use the search function to enter your router model. Click on Support when you see it.
- Now navigate to Driver & Utility, and then select BIOS & Firmware.
- Click the blue Download button to save the zip file to your desktop.
- Zip the file.
- Login to your ASUS router. This guide will show you how to access your ASUS router settings.
- Scroll down to Administration from the left-hand menu
- Select Firmware Upgrade from horizontal menu.
- Scroll down to Manual firmware update, and click on upload.
- Select the unzipped firmware.
- The firmware upgrade process will now begin.
Restart Your Network
It is a tried and tested method to resolve network problems such as the Asus router Power Light blinking. It is important that you do it correctly and in the right order.
- Turn off the network modem and unplug from the power source.
- Your Asus router, and other devices, should be turned off.
- Turn on the modem by connecting it to the power supply.
- Wait until the modem boots completely. It will take approximately 2 minutes.
- Turn on your router now and wait for it to boot.
- Turn on your devices like PC, tablet, smartphone.
Next, check if the Asus router Power Light is still blinking. If it is still blinking, then proceed to the next step.
The Firmware Upgrade Utility tool can be used to restore your Firmware
If the firmware upgrade is unsuccessful, your Asus router will automatically activate Rescue mode and the Power light will blink slowly.
You will need to restore the firmware if this happens. The process uploads the specified firmware. Before you can activate rescue mode, however, it is not a permanent procedure. Please keep in mind that the utility can’t be used to upgrade the router firmware regularly and you shouldn’t use it on a working Asus router.
- Install the utility.
- Start the utility.
- Select the firmware.
- Click on “Upload”.
- The entire process should be completed in about 3-4 minutes.
Important: If you receive an error message about your IP address, you will need to create a static IP. Use the following TCP/IP settings: – IP address: 192.168.1.x (replace x with a number) – Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 – Default Gateway:
- Disable WPS for Your Asus Router
- To resolve the Asus router power light blinking problem, disable the WPS option in router settings.
Here are the steps.
- Login to your Asus router
- Choose Wireless in the left-hand navigation menu
- Select WPS from the horizontal menu
- Turn Enable WPS off
If the problem persists after you’ve tried every solution in this article, your router may have become defective. If this is the case, we recommend buying a new wireless router. To be certain, you can connect another router to test if the problem is still there or if it has resolved. If you have this possibility, don’t forget to use it.
We hope this article has helped you resolve the Asus router Power Light blinking issue. If nothing else works, please contact support. They’ll guide you through the basics of troubleshooting and assist you in restoring your network functionality within minutes.