HP LaserJet Pro MFP M329, M428-M429, M479 – Set up Scan to Email
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M329, M428, M429, and M479 models are covered by this paper.
- Go to HP LaserJet Pro MFP – Set up the Scan to Email feature for guidance on how to set up the Scan to Email feature on older HP LaserJet Pro products.
- The Scan to Email feature allows you to scan a document and send it as an attachment in an email message to one or more email addresses.
NOTE: To use the Scan to Email feature, the printer must be connected to the network and the feature must be set up by a network administrator
- The following are the two methods for configuring Scan to Email:
- Method one: Use the Scan to Email Wizard (Windows) app, which is installed as part of the complete printer software installation in the HP program community.
- Method two: Set up the Scan to Email functionality with the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Before you begin
- The network administrator will need access to the printer as well as SMTP information, such as the server, port, and other authentication requirements, in order to set up the Scan to Email function.
- The printer must be connected to the same network as the device that will be used to complete the setup.
- Before starting the configuration process, administrators will need the following information:
- Links to the printer’s SMTP server (e.g., smtp.mycompany.com) as an administrator
NOTE: If you don’t know the SMTP server name, SMTP port number, or authentication details, you can contact your email/Internet service provider or system administrator.
- Searching for the SMTP server and port names on the Internet is usually easy. For instance, search for “Gmail SMTP server name” or “Yahoo SMTP server name.”
NOTE: SMTP port number SMTP server authentication criteria for outgoing email messages, including the authentication user name and password, if applicable details on your email account’s digital sending restrictions, consult your email service provider’s documentation.
- If you reach your sending cap, some providers can temporarily lock your account.
- To extend the segment, select one of the methods below and then follow the instructions.