How to scan documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use the Notes app to search documents and add signatures.
How to search a text in Notes on an iPhone
Scan a document
- Pick a note or make a new one in Notes.
- Press and hold the Camera button.
- To begin scanning a document in Notes, tap the Camera button, then tap the Scan Documents Scan document icon.
- In front of the camera, place your book.
- Your document will be scanned automatically if your computer is set to Auto mode.
- Tap the Shutter button if you need to manually catch a scan.
- To scan, press the Shutter button or one of the Volume keys. After that, drag the corners of the scan to make it match the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- Save the document or add further scans to it.
Learn how to scan notes from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using the Continuity Camera.
Sign a document
- Open Notes, then tap the note’s text.
- Then tap the Markup Markup icon after tapping the Share button.
- Add a saved signature or generate a new signature by tapping the Add button, then Signature Signature icon.
- The signature box can then be resized and placed anywhere you want on the paper.
- Don’t forget to tap Done.
Follow steps 1-2 to manually sign your document, then use a tool and sign the document with your finger or an Apple Pencil on a compatible iPad.