Steps To Scan and Email the Document Using Windows Mail
The scanning and mailing of business documents to customers, such as contracts and proposals, can reduce your paper costs and long distance fax charges. Whether you have a standalone scanner or an all-in-one printer, for many scanning devices, the process of converting a document into electronic format is similar. Whilst a scan-to-email printer and most All-in-One printers do allow you to directly scan a document with no additional software from your device, the specialist scan software has more options, including the ability to select a document format and to select a resolution. You can add it directly to a message in Windows Live Mail after you create the check.
- Clean the surface with a soft cloth and a streak-free glass cleaner on the scanning pad. In the scan cycle, a scanner can gather dirt and fingerprints that can affect the output image quality.
- Open the deck and put the paper on the scanning bed face-down. Place the paper with the markings around the glass perimeter and close the lid carefully.
- Start the scanning software with your scanner. For instance, if you use an HP or an All-in-One printer, you will find the software in the HP folder.
- Choose the scan form “Text” and then choose whether to scan the text in color or in black and white.
- For the scanned document, select an output format, usually an image type such as TIFF or GIF or a PDF.
- If requested, select a resolution which produces a high quality file like 300dpi. When selecting a higher dpi, a larger file is created, the image becomes sharper. However be aware that it takes more time to upload and send higher resolution files.
- Click on the button “Check.” When the scanning process is finished, click Save. Enter a document file name and select a target folder, such as My Documents. Click the button “Ok.”
Alternatively to the built in scanning software of your system, you can search online for an e-mail app to scan for further features.
- Open and log in to your account with Windows Live Mail.
- Create a new message by clicking on the Home toolbar “Email message” button.
- Enter the email address of the recipient, include a subject line and then enter the message to which the attached document is attached.
- On the Message toolbar, click the “Attach File” button. Navigate through your folders and select the scanned document from the Windows Explorer dialog box. To attach the file to the email, click “Open.”
- Click on the button “Send.”
Consider scanning a document using the PDF format. A PDF holds all visual elements in the original document and can be opened on any PC installed with Adobe Reader.