How To Scan From Mcf-9130cw Brother To Email Address?
The Brother machine must be connected to the internet and have access to a POP3 and SMTP server to use the Scan to E-mail Server option. Please contact your Internet Service Provider or Network Admin if you do not have this information.
I: Configure Scan to Email (E-Mail Server)
- To get the IP address of the Brother machine, print the network configuration report. (To learn how to print the
- Network Configuration List, click here.)
Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer) and type inThe
- The IP address of the Brother computer given on the Network Configuration Sheet is
- Go to the Network tab.
- To get started, go to Protocol.
- If POP3/SMTP is not already checked, check it, and then click Advanced Setting.
- You will be able to customize your incoming and outgoing mail server settings in this section. On this page, fill in all of the required information.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with any of these settings, contact your Internet Service Provider or Network Admin:
SMTP Server Address:
The Host Name or IP Address of an SMTP mail server (outgoing E-mail Server) on your network is displayed in this field. (For example, 192.0.0.1 or smtp.example.net) You must use the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of the SMTP E-mail server if you are using the DNS name of the SMTP E-mail server, such as smtp.example.net.
- Enter the port number of the SMTP server to which you will connect.
- SMTP Server Authentication Method: Select the SMTP server’s authentication method.
- This value specifies the type of authentication technique used to connect the user to the SMTP server. The possibilities are as follows:
Note: The SMTP Server is not authenticated.
SMTP-AUTH: Employs the SMTP Authentication mechanism. If this approach is utilized, the SMTP account details must be entered correctly.
POP before SMTP: Employs the “POP before SMTP” technique. If you use this method, make sure your POP3 account settings are accurate.
Account Name/Password for SMTP-AUTH:
Specify a name and password that will be validated with the SMTP server, and then retype the password to compare.
- Enter a single space if you don’t want to use a password.
You can specify the encryption mechanism between the machine and the SMTP server when using SMTP over SSL/TLS.
- Verify Server Certificate, which checks the certificate between the system and the SMTP server, can be checked or unchecked.
- Device E-mail Address: This is the printer’s e-mail address. The Notification Mail will be sent to the printer if an administrator address is incorrectly input. The Notification Mail is not sent to the administrator if you do not specify a printer e-mail address.
- POP3 Server Address: This field defines the POP3 server’s hostname or IP address (incoming e-mail server). (For example, 192.0.0.1 or pop.example.net)
You must use the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) pop.example.net if you are utilizing the DNS name of the POP3 E-mail server.
- POP3 Port: Enter the port number of the POP3 server to which you will connect.
- Mailbox Name/Password: On the POP3 server where the Internet print jobs will be retrieved, specify a mailbox name and password. Enter a single space if you don’t want to use a password.
- Utilize APOP: Select whether or not to use APOP while connecting to the POP3 server by checking this box.
- POP3 via SSL/TLS: The encryption mechanism between the machine and the POP3 server is your choice. Verify Server Certificate, which checks the certificate between the system and the POP3 server, can be checked or unchecked.
This value determines how long the print server will wait for all of the segments of the message to arrive if a print job is split into numerous email messages using the print server’s segmented message capability.
- Submit the form. You’ll notice a notification that says, “Data changed successfully.”
- Configuration of E-mail Sending is being tested.
- E-mail Address for the Recipient: Type in the recipient’s e-mail address.
- Send a Practice Email
- Configuration of E-mail Receipt for Testing
- A screen titled “Test E-Mail Send/Receive Configuration” will appear. Select one of the following options before clicking Submit:
A notice will appear that says, “Testing Email Configuration,” followed by the test results. Click OK once you’ve done viewing the findings.
II: Use Speed Dial locations to set up and scan to an e-mail server.
- Click the Address Book tab while still on the Web Home Page.
- Make a list of the Speed Dial destinations you want to use.
- Choose Address 1-20, for example, to store in a speed dial location between 1 and 20.
- Enter the following information for each storage location you want to program:
- The recipient’s phone number or email address.
- Name The name of the person who will receive the gift.
- Select Mail as the type.
- Submit the form.
After you’ve configured the Speed Dial locations, select Setup Groups G1-G20 to configure the Group locations. Set the following parameters for each group:
Select a Speed Dial location that is free to store your group.
The name of the band.
Select the members you want to add to this group by checking the boxes next to each desired Speed Dial location. Submit the form.
III: Scan to E-mail Server without One-Touch or Speed Dial Numbers:
- Fill in the blanks with your document.
- On the Brother machine’s display, press (Scan) (hereinafter called LCD).
- To see what’s on the other side of the screen, swipe left or right (to E-mail Server).
- Make a press release (to E-mail Server). The icon is highlighted in blue and travels to the center of the LCD.
- Select OK.
- To enter the E-mail address, press Address Book or Manual.
- If you select Manual, type the E-mail address into the LCD’s character buttons and then hit OK.
- Select the E-mail address and press OK if you pick Address Book.
- Select OK.
Choose one of the following options:
To alter the settings, select Options, then the button you want to edit. Follow the instructions on the machine.
To make your own default settings, choose the Set New Default option after making changes to the settings, and then press Yes. Press Factory Reset, then Yes to return to the factory settings.
To begin scanning without altering any other settings, press Start.
To scan both sides of a page (only for the MFC9340CDW):
Select the document type after pressing 2-sided Scan.
Choose the scan options you’d like to change:
- Type of Scan a decision
- Type of File Size of a Glass Scan
- File Dimensions
- Save as Shortcut if you wish to save the settings as a
- shortcut. Start by pressing the Start button. The machine begins to work.