- GMX Mail SMTP server address: SMTP.gmx.com
- GMX Mail SMTP user name: Your full GMX Mail email address (“email@example.com”, for instance)
- GMX Mail SMTP password: Your GMX Mail password
- GMX Mail SMTP port: 25 (alternative: 465 is actually 587 the information is incorrect on the site.
- GMX Mail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
Communicating with the SMTP server
1.Please keep in mind that
2.The photos below are for reference only, as GMX hasn’t been supported since April 2014, and are based on information available at the time of publication.
3.Use an application called Telnet to see if you can contact the SMTP server.
4.Users using Windows 7/8: You may need to install Telnet, which can be found at the following link:
5.Use Terminal if you’re a Mac user.
- Start Telnet on Windows by going to Run > Telnet and typing in:
6.SMTP.server.address SMTP.server.address SMTP.server.address SMTP.
7.You will be connected to the server as follows if the connection is successful:
- You can greet the server by saying “hi.”
- Please keep in mind that
- With Terminal, the “o” isn’t required.
8.You can also verify if there are any DNS issues by using the server’s IP address:
9.The IP address of the Google server is 22.214.171.124, which you can get using the ping command from the command line or Terminal.
10.You’re logged in to the same server as before:
11.If this fails, try the following:
12.It means that their network connection’s port 25 is closed, and the user will be unable to use the push scan feature to the Google email server; however, they can attempt the GMX service on port 587.
13. After you’ve confirmed that you can connect to the SMTP server, you may set up the printer.
Push Scan to Email setup
1.To begin, go to the printer’s online interface and log in:
2.A certificate error will be displayed by the new printer. This warning should be ignored. It’s used to build up secure data transfer using certificates.
3.Go to Wi-Fi/Network Settings > Email Server – Basic and fill in the appropriate information, such as WF-7610 in our case. WP will have a somewhat different range.
- Gmail configurations
- GMX configurations
4.Because the settings for Gmail and GMX are different, they’ll have to either test it or consult their email provider for the exact settings.
5.To see if it works, click Connection Test.
6.add email addresses to the address book.
7.You’ll be able to send scans to the email from the MFP now.