How to set up and troubleshoot Push Scan to Email?
Check the customer’s email system, whether it’s their own email server (like Epson) or a web-based email system (e.g. Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, GMX, Mail.com).
Customers who use web-based email services will have the most trouble, but regardless of whatever service they use, you’ll need to know their SMTP settings to figure out what’s wrong. Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is a protocol for sending emails.
- Gmail is a web-based email service.
- SMTP.gmail.com is the Gmail SMTP server address.
- Your complete Gmail address (e.g. email@example.com) is your Gmail SMTP user name.
- SMTP password for Gmail: Your Gmail password
- SMTP port for Gmail (TLS): 587
- SMTP port for Gmail (SSL): 465
- TLS/SSL is necessary for Gmail SMTP: Certainly.