HP LaserJet Pro MFP-How to Email Scan?
HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW SET UP
The LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW has a feature that allows it to scan a document as an attachment in an email message and send it directly to one or more email addresses.
NOTE: The LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDWprinter must be connected to a network to use this scanning feature, and the Scan to Email function must be configured.
This paper includes the following guidelines for the tasks:
- HOW TO CONFIGURE THE SCAN TO EMAIL FEATURE IN LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW?
- HOW TO SCAN TO EMAIL AFTER SETUP OF THE APP IN LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW?
Set up Scan to Emailfunction
Depending on the PC operating system the steps for setting up the Scan to Email feature vary. Start by reviewing the information in the section “Before you start,” and then proceed to the section that relates to your operating system ( Windows or macOS).
NOTE: Click on the section heading to enlarge a section in this document.
Before you start
To configure the Scan to Email function, the printer must have an active network connection to the same network as the computer running the setup process.
Before starting the configuration process, administrators require the following information:
- Administrative Printer Control
- SMTP Server (for example, smtp.mycompany.com)
NOTE: If you do not know the name of the SMTP server, the SMTP port number or the authentication information, please contact the email / Internet service provider or system administrator. Usually, SMTP server names and port names are easy to find by doing an Internet search. Use terms such as “gmailsmtp server name,” or “yahoo smtp server name” to search for example.
- Port number of SMTP
- SMTP server authentication requirements for outgoing email messages including, where applicable, the username and password used for authentication.
NOTE: Consult the documentation for your email account with your email service provider for information on the digital sending limits. Some providers may lock your account temporarily if you exceed your send limit.
HP COLOR LASERJET PRO MFP M479FDW Scan to Email
Follow the steps below for scanning a file directly to an email address using the printer control panel. In an email message the scanned file is sent as an attachment to the email address.
NOTE: The printer must be connected to a network to use this scan feature, and the Scan to Email function must be configured. For details on how to set up the Scan to Email feature please refer to the previous section in this paper.
- Load the document according to the printer indicators onto the scanner panel.
- Click the Scan button from the home screen of the printer control panel.
- Touch Email Check.
- Give an Email to Contact.
- Choose the From address you want to use. Often known as “the outgoing email profile.”
NOTE: If you have set up the PIN function, enter the PIN and then tap the OK button. If a PIN has not been set up, use of this function is not needed.
- Click the To button and pick the address or party you wish to send the file to. When done, press on the finished button.
- NOTE: Send the scan to another email address, tap New again, then enter the email address.
- To attach a subject line, press on the Subject button.
- Click Next button.
- The scan settings will be displayed on the control panel screen of the printer.
- Tap the Settings button to adjust all of the scan settings, then choose the appropriate settings.
- Move on to the next stage after selecting the appropriate settings.
- To start the scan job press the Scan button.