How To Scan On HP Envy 5540 Printer: Scan To Email, PDF, Scan Multiple Pages
The HP Envy 5540 can be scanned in HP Envy 5540 printer by connecting the printer to the computer using HP Easy Scan.
How To Scan With HP Envy 5540
- You have to connect your printer to the computer to scan the HP Envy 5540 printer. When you first set up the printer make sure that you install the full-function printer driver software, as HP Scan requires it. If you really need to download HP Scan and Capture scan software, HP Easy Scan, etc. The scan software is available on HP Envy 5540 in the respective app store.
- Once the software is ready, you can continue the scanning procedure. Keep and load the original document in the scan path. The document should be fully aligned to the right of the scanner. When you feed the document, you can see the light on which the scanner is switched indicating the ready state.
- Once you have set the scanning sheet, navigate to the device in which the printer driver software is installed. Follow the Start-> All apps-> HP menu if you are using Windows 10 and then click the icon with your printer name.
- You can change the default scan settings with the HP scan application, look for more in the top right corner of the window. Check and change the settings if you want. After scanning, you can enable Show Viewer to modify scanned images via the preview screen.
- An option called Scan can be found on the window by clicking Scan a Document or Photo option. After determining the scan type, click on the Scan button again. The scanning process can be stored in two types on HP Envy 5540 documents. Select Save as PDF or Save as JPEG.
HP Envy 5540 Scanning Software Download And Install
- The HP Envy scanning software is included in the full function driver. If you install the driver via the HP Smart app, you will also download the HP Scan application.
- There are several HP applications for scanning based on the software version and listed below for scanning applications on HP printers.
- All versions of Microsoft Windows support HP Smart application, HP Scan, Capture app, Windows Scan application, Microsoft Paint, Windows Fax, and Scan. The Webscan Utility will scan the network printer.
- The Mac OS can be scanned using the HP Envy 5540 printer using HP Scan and Apple Image Capture software. The HP Scan includes the full-function driver of the printer.
- You can change the scanning settings using this program and set the location and type to save the scanned documents.
HP Envy 5540 Scan To Pdf
- Follow the instructions given here to get a guide to scan pdf for HP Envy 5540.
- Type a scan on your Mac computer’s search bar and click on the HP Easy Scan option in the results column.
- Wait for the opening of the HP Easy Scan window.
- Do not load the next sheet if you scan with the ADF because it scans multiple pages automatically.
- Load the next photo or page on the glass of the scanner if the scanner is used.
- Tap Scan Next Item or Add.
- Redopt all steps to scan all pages and proceed to scan next in step HP Envy 5540.
- Tap Send, then click Folder.
- To save your scan in the Where menu , click on PDF in the Format option.
- Save all things to a single file by checkbox. Press Save.
HP Envy 5540 Scan To Email
- You can scan it by email using the control panel or the HP Scan function on HP Envy 5540.
- A mail scan can only be performed automatically with a local email client.
- You must attach the scanned document manually if you use web-based email.
- To allow auto scan to mail, configure your web-based account with the local email client.
- Start HP printer software and select your printer from the HP Assistant window.
- Click Scan-> Open the HP Search for Document or Photo.
- Prefer options such as Email Document or Email to JPEG from the scan preview window.
- Click Scan, and the scanned document will be attached to the mail client.
HP Envy 5540 Scan Multiple Pages
The HP Envy 5540 printer should have an ADF (Auto Document Feeder) to make the scanning of several pages easy or it can use the default scanner glass, which converts all pages to one PDF file. Go through the steps below and do it in a jiffy.
HP Envy 5540 How To Scan Multiple Pages
- Place the text or image on a surface for the scanner.
- The copy resolution recommended is 300 DPI or lower.
- Choose your printer by searching for HP for Windows.
- Click Scan and then Scan a Document or Photo option using the HP Envy 5540 scan guide when the HP Printer Assistant is opened.
- The HP Scan now starts and chooses Save as PDF or File Shortcut Document.
- If you have scanned with the ADF, click on Save all the pages scanned in a single tab.
- If from the glass of the scanner, place the following document or image on it and click the Plus button to scan all other items.
- After all the pages are scanned, click Save.
HP Envy 5540 Not Scanning
- For many reasons, the HP Envy 5540 printer will not scan. You can troubleshoot and solve the scan problem via the program HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Download and install the app online on your computer. Locate and run the HPPSdr.exe program.
- Once the app is opened, press Start and pick HP Envy 5540 printer in the list. Click Retry if the printer can not be found on the chart.
- Select the option Fix Scanning. The application diagnoses the problem of the printer and shows the report.
- If a question needs attention, the scanner will show you the potential results.
- If you follow the instructions provided by the app, you can use the HP Envy 5540 Manual to search your envy again.