HP 5255 scan to email Setup
Using HP Officejet 5255 All-in-One Printer Series, users sometimes get confused about how to scan a file and manually attach it to a file.
But we are here to solve your problem; you can scan your file and email manually using your HP Officejet All-in-One Printer series, following the instructions below.
What you will do is:
- Firstly load your original document into your HP 5255 All-in-One Printer series automatic document feeder. The consumer can also load the document by placing the print side of the printer on the right glass scanner.
- You will now contact Scan
- Choose the computer to which you want to scan.
- The user now has to select the one option in PDF saving or JPEG saving.
- If you choose to save your document as a pdf, it will save your document as a PDF file. And if you decide to store your document as a JPEG file, it is saved in JPEG format. Usually, the JPEG format is used to save photos.
- Now proceed to select OK.
- You have saved a document, or your photo will be saved on the hard disk of your computer. When you need to, you can easily access the document or photo file from the hard drive.
- To scan a file and email it manually, the user needs to log in to their email account. (If you don’t have an email account, only after an email account is available can you email the saved file.)
- You have to click on Create a New Message after logging in to your email account.
- In the window, click on the attachment icon. Located at the bottom of the opening.
- By clicking the attachment icon, you can link or insert a file on your computer from the different destinations.
- Browse to the place where your Scan has been saved.
- To select it, click on the appropriate file.
- Your file will be added to your inbox when you double-click the file.
- Insert the recipient’s email address and add the subject.
Click send. Send.
HP Officejet 5255 How to scan to email? Issue resolution
- You can restart your computer or run HP print and scan doctor if you are still having a problem. For Windows users, HP Print and Scan doctor automatically diagnose the problem.
- For OS X computer users, if the router is wireless, they can restart the router
- Many people who use Mac face issues with the HP Officejet 5255 mail scan. Some do not see the Scan for an email option that has been invented with a web server, but it is also not available for HP in Macbook. You can only see Scan by computer because Mac Sierra 10.1 2.1 does not have full Scanning of HP software available.
- They all have to download the HP easy scan application and can then scan the images to the computer and save them in the computer.