HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Scanning Setup and Troubleshooting Process
HP All-in-On Printer offers various features with different connectivity options; with software or application support users can easily complete their basic tasks. Here we provided the basic requirements of the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Scanning Setup and instructions.
- First, make sure you have the recommended Printer Software installed on your computer.
Your computer and your printer should be ready and working. When using the WiFi scanner, you must share the same wireless network with your computer and printer.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Scanning Setup
- To begin, download from the official website the most recent driver product installation software. Visit the website of the manufacturer, enter the model number of the printer and click GO.
- Use the on-screen instructions and finish installing the driver. Choose HP Scan as the recommended installation option if prompted.
- Put the document or picture on the lid of the scanner and close the bed. Using the Scan button and select the scan type and device.
- After a while your device opens the scanned copy automatically after the scanning process has been completed.
- Use HP Print and Scan to complete the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Scanning Setup if you can not locate the scanning button on your printer.
- Second, search for HP and open the printer tool on the windows screen. Select Document scanning or picture scanning and open HP scanning.
- Get a scan preview and change the settings position of the file. Click OK or the save icon after adjusting the simple settings.
Scan Multiple Documents as Single PDF
- First, in the windows search, search for HP and select your printer from the list. Now, on the HP Printer Assistant, click scan.
- Open the app for the HP Scan and choose Scan a Document or picture. Then use the save shortcut as PDF or File Document to save the document.
- Choose the type of PDF to be saved, enter the preferred file name and click Save.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Scanning Setup - Scan to Email
- Local email customers such as Microsoft Outlook, Live mail and Mozilla Thunderbird typically support Scan to Email features.
- In the other hand, the web-based e-mail accounts should be configured using the local email client.
- Tap the scan option on the printer device and select your computer device from the list and click the email as PDF. Enter HP in the quest for Windows and select a printer device.
- Click Scan on the HP Printer Assistant window and pick Scan a Document or Image. Use the search shortcut including Email Document or Email as JPEG and press Search.
- See the preview of the scan, make the required changes, then click send.
Troubleshooting- Scanner Failure
When “Scanner Failure” or “Scanner System Failure” is displayed in this device, the hardware or power connection problem is identified. We received instructions here to fix the problem related to the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Scanning System.
Reset your Device
- Turn on and unplug the power cord on your printer device. Return the power cord to the printer ‘s device, leave it idle for 30 seconds.
- Wait a while, turn your printer device on and try to print using the power button. If the problem is not resolved still, connect your printer to another outlet and check the flow
- Continue troubleshooting process and repair the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Scanning Setup problem if the system still shows scanner error.
Print and Scan Doctor
- Visit the official website of HP, download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Open the Scan Doctor and HP Print, click Start and pick from the list your printer computer.
- Then open the software for HP Print and Scan Doctor and click next. Click Fix Scanning in the Problem Finding and Fixing window.
- If the error still exists, try to print the next step.
- Do the visual test on the scanner bed, check the paper and remove it. First, take documents or pictures from the glass of the scanner.
- To test the functionality of the scanner, simply press the copy button or icon. If the scanner does not display the light of the scanner, contact the manufacturer and get support.
- Conversely, if the light of the scanner is activated and shows an error message, the troubleshooting process begins.