HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Scanning Setup and Troubleshooting Process
HP All-in-One Printer offers different functions with various networking options and users with software or application support can easily complete their simple tasks. Here we received details on basic specifications and instructions for Scanning Setup HP OfficeJet Pro 8720.
- First, make sure that you have installed the recommended Printer Software on your computer device.
- Your computer and printer should be ready and active. You will use the same wireless network on your computer and printer if you are using the WiFi Scanner.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Scanning Setup
- To proceed, download from the official site the new driver-product installation program. Visit the site of the manufacturer, enter the model number of the printer and hit GO.
- Use the on-screen guidance and finish the driver installation. If prompted, pick the recommended installation option for HP Scan.
- Place the document or picture on the scanner deck and close the scanner bed. Use the Scan button and select the device and the type of scan.
- After a while, your device opens the scanned copy automatically after the scanning process is complete.
- Use the HP Print and Scan and complete the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Scanning Setup if you can’t find a scan button in your printer.
- First, look for HP and open a printer tool on the windows screen. Choose Document or photo scanning and open the HP scan.
- Get a scanning preview and change the settings location of the file. Select OK or save icon after changing the simple settings.
Scan Multiple Documents as Single PDF
- First, in the windows search, search for HP and select your printer from the list. Now, on the HP Printer Assistant, click scan.
- Open the app for the HP Scan and choose Scan a Document or picture. Then use the save shortcut as PDF or File Document to save the document.
- Choose the type of PDF to be saved, enter the preferred file name and click Save.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Scanning Setup - Scan to Email
- Generally, the local email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Live mail and Mozilla Thunderbird, supports the Scan to Email Feature.
- On the other hand, you should configure your web-based email accounts using your local email client.
- Tap the scan option on the Printer Device, select your computer device from the list, and click the Email as a PDF. Now, enter HP on your Windows search and choose your printer device.
- In the HP Printer Assistant Window, click Scan and select Scan Document or Photo. Use a scan shortcut like an Email Document or an Email as a JPEG, and then click Scan.
- View the Scan preview, make the required changes, and click Send.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Scanning Issues and Troubleshooting
If the Device displays the “Scanner Failure” or “Scanner System Failure” message, there is a hardware or power connection issue. Here, we gave instructions to fix the issue related to HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Scanning Setup.
Reset your Device
- Turn your printer device on and unplug the power cord. Reconnect the power cord to the printer device for 30 seconds.
- Wait a while, turn on your printer device using the power button and try printing. If the issue has not yet been resolved, connect your printer device to another outlet and check the flow.
- If your device still displays a scanner error, continue the troubleshooting process and fix the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Scanning Setup issue.
Print and Scan Doctor
- Visit the HP Official Website, download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tools on your device. Open HP Print and Scan Doctor, click Start and choose your printer device from the list below.
- After that, open the HP Print and Scan Doctor software and click the next button. Click Fix Scanning in the Finding and Fixing Problem window.
- Try printing, if the error still exists, keep going to the next step.
- Do a visual test on the scanner bed, check and remove the paper jammed. First, take your documents or photos out of the glass scanner.
- Just press the copy button or icon to check the scanner functionality. If the scanner does not display the light of the scanner, contact the manufacturer and get support.
- Conversely, if the scanner light is active and displays an error message, then continue the troubleshooting process.