We are aware that many of our clients choose us because of the combination of the ease with which they can manage their accounts and the high level of data protection and security that we provide. Here is an article written by our friends at Jamf that discusses more ways in which you can take the mobile device security of your company to the next level. This can be accomplished by utilising a platform that is simple to manage and is ideal for organisations of any size.
The administration of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablet computers, and laptops is referred to as mobile device management (often abbreviated as MDM), which is an industry term. It is a method through which businesses of any size may carry out IT functions from a centralised place in order to support devices and users in a way that is simple, consistent, and scalable without requiring manual intervention or disrupting the flow of usage.
MDM stands for Mobile Device Management, and it is Apple’s native management framework for managing iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS devices. MDM is only applicable to Apple products. MDM, at its most advanced level, offers IT and end users more features, which allows for the device’s full potential to be realised.
MDM is capable of an infinite number of different IT activities, however some of the most frequent ones are as follows:
- Making sure that your whole ecosystem is consistent and standard across all of your teams
- Making certain that apps are distributed correctly in large quantities and are supported
- Bringing one’s tools, gadgets, programmes, and software up to date
- Monitoring and keeping track of the inventory, status, and usage of various devices
- By utilising MDM for device management, IT or leadership can take complete responsibility for these responsibilities, relieving their team of the load of carrying it all while still preserving an ordered and standard framework. This is an
- essential component of establishing a technology plan that can scale with any possible growth and is adaptable to any changes that may occur inside the firm. Putting in place that foundation is essential, and having an MDM like Jamf is of great assistance in doing so.
Apple takes a different approach to mobile device management (MDM) than other companies do when it comes to managing Apple products like iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS. In Apple’s ecosystem, your MDM platform establishes a connection to the Apple Push Notification Server (APNs) and communicates with it in order to issue orders to Apple products. APNs maintains a persistent connection to devices, so you don’t have to. After that, the devices initiate communication with the MDM server in order to receive commands. You, as the user, are essentially tasked with defining the manner in which you want the device to operate, and MDM and APNs work together to make this a reality.
There are six important components that should be considered while assessing an MDM strategy for your devices, and they are as follows:
- Deployment \sInventory \sConfigurations
- Management commands
- App deployment
- Protection and discretion both.
- Jamf provides a product suite that can be tailored to the size, requirements, and objectives of any company or educational institution.
Jamf Now provides small and medium-sized organisations with the power of enterprise-level device management without requiring them to have expert-level IT knowledge. This makes Jamf Now an ideal solution for enterprises of this size. We develop a product that makes it possible for you, the user, to fulfil your requirements by simply checking boxes and toggling limitations on or off, all the while allowing more complex device management activities to take place in the background.
Jamf School is a mobile device management solution that has been developed specifically for use in educational institutions. Because of its user-friendly web-based interface, deploying, maintaining, and securing Macs, iPads, iPhones, and Apple TVs is now easier than it has ever been before. With Jamf School, you can easily deploy and manage Apple devices, which are often regarded as the most effective forms of educational technology, freeing you up to concentrate on your primary responsibility of instructing pupils.
Jamf Pro is an Enterprise Mobility Management tool that empowers IT professionals and the users that they support by delivering on the promise of unified endpoint management for Apple devices. Jamf Pro was designed to automate device management for you while driving end-user productivity and creativity. Jamf Pro was designed to automate device management for you while driving end-user productivity and creativity