Our home internet connection should be fast and reliable. Sometimes, however, the WiFi router may not be able to handle this. This is why the Linksys Re6500 extender was created. It does a great job but there may be times when it is not working properly. The orange blinking lights will indicate that the extender is active.
This article will explain what the orange blinking light means on your Linksys RE6500 extender, and how to fix it. Please read the sections carefully and follow the instructions.
So, let’s begin!
Why does my Linksys Re6500 glow an orange color?
When it is ready to use, the LED Power light on our Linksys Re6500 extender should be solid white. If the light is blinking amber or orange, it means that either the extender is having trouble connecting to the primary router, or the extender is experiencing other problems.
How do I fix the Linksys RE6500 Orange blinking light?
This problem should not be too difficult to solve. You can fix this problem in minutes if you follow the steps below.
Start the Extender
It is simple and effective to restart the extender. This will usually clear the extender’s memory of any errors and allow it to restart. After a few minutes, unplug the extender from the power source and reconnect it. After you’ve done that, reconnect the extender to your primary network.
Upgrade the Firmware
It is easy to forget about firmware. However, it is vital to ensure that you have the most recent version of the firmware installed at all times. It not only protects your network from new threats but also provides fixes for known bugs and improved performance.
An outdated firmware could cause issues that can lead to the red blinking light on your Linksys RE6500. It is important to ensure that you are running the most recent firmware version. It is best to upgrade it if you find it outdated. If it’s up-to-date, move to the next solution.
This is how you can check the firmware version for your Linksys RE6500 extension.
IMPORTANT:You can download the latest firmware for your extender at the Linksys official site. The firmware file should be saved on your desktop or in a folder. The firmware file must have the following contents: .bin extension.
2. Open a web browser to your computer. 192.168.1.1In the URL bar You can also enter http://extender.linksys.comIf the extender was previously configured, you can enter the URL bar. Use the keyboard to enter.
3. Now, you will be asked for a username or password. Both your default Linksys RE6500 username (and password) are required. admin. Input these login details in the fields that correspond and then press Login. If all was well, you can see the extender settings page (i.e. The web-based interface.
4. Go to the next menu in the left hand navigation. Administrationsection and click on Firmware upgrade.
5. You will be notified if you have the most recent firmware installed.
6. To continue with the firmware update, please visit the Manual Updatesection Click on Choose a file.
7. The new window will now open. Navigate to your Desktop or the folder that contains the firmware file. Click on the file (the one with the.bin extension), and click Open.
8. Now, click on the Upgrade button.
9. You’ll see the progress bar that indicates how much time is left before the firmware upgrade can be completed. Wait until this process completes, don’t open other tabs, and don’t interrupt the firmware upgrade in any way.
10. The latest version will be installed on your Linksys RE6500 extender.
Factory Reset The Extender
We recommend this as a last resort in most cases. This will delete all your custom settings, and you must set it up again. But, you can still make a backup of your current extender configuration to be restored after the factory reset.
You can do it by logging into the extender’s web-based interface as described in the previous section in steps 1,2 and 3. Now you will need to visit the Administration section, then click on ManagementYou can find the menu to the left. Click the Backup ConfigurationsClick the button to save the backup file. Click the button to restore your settings. Restore Configurations button.
Now let’s see how to reset your Linksys RE6500 extender to factory defaults.
1. Make sure the extender is switched on.
2. Press and hold the 8-second reset button on the extender.
3. The factory reset will require you to reboot the device, but it should restart on its own.
After that, check if the orange light is still on and then set the extender up again.
Now you are familiar with the Linksys RE6500 orange blinking lights and how to fix them. We hope these solutions have helped you to solve this problem. You can always try these solutions if you encounter similar problems with your extender. It’s possible they can help you again.