The blue light from our Orbi router satellite’s Orbi router satellite is not unusual. However, we have become accustomed to it going off after only a few minutes. What does it mean that the Orbi satellite’s blue light keeps on? And what can we do about this problem? If you are seeing your Orbi satellite light stuck on blue light that won’t go off, you are at the right place.
What Does Orbi Satellite Blue Light Signify?
When the Orbi satellite gets stuck on blue light it generally doesn’t indicate that there is some serious problem mainly because the network is working just fine during that time. We are used to seeing the Orbi Satellite’s blue light for a short time, then it disappears. This blue light indicates that there is good communication between the satellite’s Orbi router and it. The blue light usually disappears after a while, about 3 minutes. If it’s on all the time, we may think that something is wrong with our network.
There are quick fixes that will make the blue light from our Orbi router work as it should. So, let’s see what we can do about it.
Orbi Satellite Blue Light Keeps On
These are the best ways to get rid of the Orbi blue light that is always on. It usually takes between 1 and 3 minutes for the blue satellite light on to turn off. Be patient.
Restart the Problematic satellite
This is a simple, but effective solution. Simply turn off your satellite, then leave it on for a few seconds and then turn it back on. In most cases, the solid blue light will appear, and it will disappear within a minute.
Restart Your Orbi Network
If the previous step didn’t fix the Orbi satellite stuck on blue light issue, then it is recommended to restart your entire Orbi network. This will require you to shut down your Orbi router and modem as well as all satellites. Here’s how you do it correctly:
- Turn off the modem and unplug it from power.
- Turn off your Orbi router.
- You can also turn off satellites.
- Turn the modem on and connect it to the power.
- Wait for the modem’s to start up and stabilize. It usually takes about 2 minutes.
- Connect the Orbi router now to the power supply and turn it on.
- Turn on the satellites by connecting to them.
- Wait for them to boot up before they connect.
- Your Orbi network has been power-cycled.
The blue light from your Orbi satellite should now go off as normal. However, if it doesn’t move to the next step.
You can sync the satellite and router again
- Connect the satellite to a power source to power it.
- The satellite ring must turn magenta or white.
- Locate and press SYNC on the router. Next, press the SYNC key on the satellite for 120 seconds.
- Wait for the sync process to finish. During this time, the satellite ring blinks white and then turns solid blue (if it is connected well) or amber (if it is not. The light should stay on for 3 minutes, then fade. In case the sync wasn’t successful it will turn magenta.
Check the Cables
An unconnected cable or connector can cause the network to become unstable, making it impossible to use. Sometimes the blue light will stay on. It is easy to determine if this is the cause of the problem. Check both ends of the cable to make sure everything is connected correctly.
Check the Firmware (and Update If Necessary).
Some users report that updating to the most recent firmware has solved the stuck blue light problem.
You can update the Orbi router firmware via the admin dashboard.
- Login to your Orbi router.
- Once you have viewed the admin dashboard, click Advanced to open the menu. Next, select Administration, firmware upgrade and finally Online update.
- Now click on the Check button. Your router will verify if a new firmware is available
- To upgrade firmware, click on Update All to see if there’s a new version.
- After the firmware upgrade is complete, the router and satellites will reboot. Wait for them to boot up fully before you configure the router.
IMPORTANT:Make sure to not interrupt the firmware upgrading process.
We are confident that you have resolved the issue. Always on blue satellite lightproblem now. It is worth calling Netgear tech assistance if the problem persists. They will assist you in the troubleshooting process.