Send email messages to delaying or scheduling
Keep connected and on time
Outlook can help you stay organized and on time with your life organizer.
You can delay the delivery of a message
- When you continue you are done writing your email message, click Send.
Once you click Send, your message will remain in the Outbox folder up until delivery time.
If you decide that you wish to send the message immediately after you have sent it, follow these steps:
- Move to the Outbox directory.
- The delayed message can be opened.
- Select the More options button from the Ribbon’s Tags group.
- Clear the box “Do not deliver before” under Delivery options.
- Click Close to send
Note: Outlook needs to be connected and online for this feature to work.
Top of Page
All messages delayed in delivery
By creating a rule, you can delay the delivery of all messages for up to two hours.
- Click Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Click New Rule.
- Click Next in Step 1: Choose a Template Box, then click Apply rule to messages I send.
- Step 1: Select condition(s), then select any checkboxes you wish and click Next.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear if you don’t select any checkboxes. Click Yes to apply the rule you have created to all messages you send.
- In Step 1: Select an action, check the box to defer delivery for a certain number of minutes.
- Step 2: Edit the Rule Description (click an underlined value) box. Click the underlined phrase Several to enter the desired number of minutes that you would like the messages to be kept before they are sent.
- Delivery may be delayed for up to 120 minutes
- Click OK and then click Next.
- You can check the boxes to make any exceptions you wish.
- Click Next.
- In Step 1, type a name to the rule in the box.
- Check the Turn On This Rule box.
- Click End.
Once you click Send, every message will remain in the Outbox folder until the time you specify.