How to Create a Group Email in Gmail
Gmail is one of the most popular and widely used email clients in the world. It is common to need to send multiple emails at once. You are likely doing this manually. Is there a way to set up an email group in Gmail? Is it possible? Yes. You can find tools that will make your job easier.
This blog will demonstrate how to create group emails in Gmail. It uses two methods. The first requires a specialized tool that can generate scalable reports. The second is the more common Gmail method. This is a good option if you frequently send group emails and don’t need the recipient’s engagement data
We will show you how to create a mailing list/group email in Gmail using either method. It is easy to follow and understand. Before we get to the “How to”, let’s briefly explain why a mailing list is so important, especially in business cases.
Benefits of Creating Group Mailing/Emailing List in Gmail
- It saves time and makes it easy to communicate with multiple contacts easily
- It’s a great way for you to distribute your content easily at scale
- Segmenting your audience is a great way to create more results-driven email marketing campaigns
- It is also a great way to stay in touch with your family, friends, and social and professional circle
How to create a group email in Gmail: A Professional Method
This method is ideal if you plan to create and send group emails for business or organizational purposes. It will allow you to be productive, scalable, and achieve your goals.
Professionals can create and automate customized emails to thousands of recipients using a cloud-based, specialized, and simple-to-use email outreach management tool such as SalesHandy. You can also track the engagement of your recipients in real-time with email engagement insights.
The pros of the professional method
- Increase productivity and save time
- It’s an efficient and easy way to build, nurture and manage your mailing list
- Automate the sending of personalized emails to group contacts segments. You can also set up behavior-based automated follow-ups.
- In real-time, you can send recipients behavioral data such as email open, link click and reply notification.
- This makes it easy to keep an eye on your email campaigns and stay on top of them.
The disadvantages of the professional method
- The solution’s functionality opens in a new tab in your internet browser. However, it is a tiny bit of work that will return huge efficiency and better results for your email campaigns.
Let’s move on!
Part 1: How to create a CSV
Step 1 Go to Google Contacts
Step 2 Select the contacts that you wish to add to your group’s email or mailing list
Step 3 – Click on the More Actions icon
Step 4 – Choose the “Export” Option
Step 5 – Select “Selected Contacts”, in the Export Contacts section, and “Google CSV”, in the “Export As” section.
Step 6 Click on Export.
At the end of this section, you will see a ready-to-upload CSV. If you have contacts in an Excel sheet or Google sheet, you will need to go to “File” and choose the “Download as CSV option from the drop-down menu.
Let’s now quickly cover the steps required to create an email outreach email campaign for this group email list.
Part 2: How to Create a Campaign
Step 1 Sign up with SalesHandy for a FREE account (if you don’t already have one). As we are focusing on Gmail, you will choose the Sign in with Google option. However, you can also sign-up with your Outlook account.
Step 2 You will be redirected back to the app dashboard. Before we proceed with creating a campaign go back to your mailbox.
Step 3 – Now that you have a SalesHandy account, return to the dashboard and refresh your page.
Step 4 Select the Email Campaign option in the SalesHandy menu.
Step 5 – Click on the “New Campaign” button.