Scan My Computer For Driver Updates
PC drivers are needed for the hardware on your computer to function properly.
When you use corrupted or outdated system drivers, you may experience frequent crashes, no sound, excessive heating, and other compatibility issues, which can lead to hardware failures.
Keeping your drivers up to date prevents device conflicts and guarantees a smooth operation of your machine.
The easiest way to upgrade them is to download the best free driver updater software for Windows PC.
We’ve compiled a list of completely free driver updaters to save you the trouble of looking for the right one. Download and install the most up-to-date compatible drivers without spending a dime.
Because the majority of online tools do not perform as advertised, it is recommended that you select the best driver updater software from the list below to ensure that such programs are genuine.
Without the well-known Bit Driver Updater, any list of the best driver upgrade tools will be incomplete.
It’s one of those well-known programs that automatically download the most up-to-date WHQL certified drivers from manufacturers’ websites and improves the speed and overall efficiency of your computer for free.
One-click driver updates, auto-scanning, a large driver database, an exclusion list, and backup and restore are just a few of the noteworthy features listed in the table below.
Simply click the following link to get this fantastic tool for free:
Best Free Driver Updater Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
We’ve compiled a list of the best driver updaters for 2021 to help you deal with outdated hardware and improve your system’s overall performance and reliability. Let’s take a look at these driver upgrade options and see which one is best for you from the list below. 1. Bit Devices Driver Updater
Install Bit Driver Updater on your PC if you want a smart and fully free driver updater that will keep your device drivers up to date.
It not only patches obsolete or faulty device drivers but also backs up current device drivers for later restoration.
This Bit Guardian driver updater software comes with some useful features that help your PC run faster, more reliably, and safely.
Key Features of Bit Driver Updater
Complete System Scan: Performs full system scan instantly to detect outdated, defective, or missing drivers.
One-Click Update: You can update the device drivers with a single click.
Fast Scanning Saves Time: Save your time and manual effort with this tool as it can detect driver-related issues instantaneously and update them automatically.
Extensive Driver Database: This tool has a large driver database and therefore, installs genuine updates released by the manufacturer only.
Customer Support: You can avail of the clock customer support if you run into any problems with the tool.
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- One-click free driver updates
- Scheduled scans
- Driver exclusion list
- Easy driver backup and restore functionality
- Shows in-depth report on outdated or missing drivers
- 200% larger database of drivers
- Top-notch Windows performance
- Not compatible with old Windows XP and Vista editions
2. Quick Driver Updater
Is Windows crashing a normal occurrence for you? Do you have plenty of slow Wi-Fi connections and poor gaming performance? Have your printers, Bluetooth computers, or speakers stopped working all of a sudden?
These are a few of the most common PC issues that are caused by outdated or unreliable hardware drivers. To prevent such problems, you only need one tool: Quick Driver Updater.
It is now widely recognized as one of the best free Windows driver update programs. Now that you have this software, you won’t have to waste time searching for official driver download links on the internet. All corrupted or obsolete drivers are automatically detected and replaced with genuine manufacturer-recommended drivers by Quick Driver Updater.
Key Features of Quick Driver Updater
- The program is extremely fast and has an intuitive interface
- It updates all drivers at once in just one-click
- It enhances the system performance to perform all heavy tasks like video editing, gaming, etc.
- It provides round the clock technical support for free
- Easy to understand and use
- Automatic scan function
- Provides authentic drivers right from the manufacturers
- Driver backup and restore point creation is available
- Resolve all driver-related problems
- Doesn’t display any advertisements
- 24/7 free customer support
- Need to upgrade to its pro version to backup existing drivers
3. Driver Booster
Many users wonder, “What is the best driver updater for Windows 10?” and the simple response is IObit’s Driver Booster. Driver Booster 8 is a user-friendly software that includes over 3,000,000 computer drivers to help you upgrade obsolete drivers and game components without the need for human interaction.
The best part about this software is that it automatically fixes popular Windows problems like blue screens, device crashes, network errors, and more.
Key Features of Driver Booster
- Extensive device driver database
- A quickly deep-scans whole computer for missing or corrupt devices drivers
- Offers drivers updates for external devices such as a mouse, printer, webcam, etc.
- ‘Auto driver update’ option to install latest driver updates in real-time
- Over 4,500,000 (Pro version) devices supported
- Delivers optimum game performance
- Offline driver update tools
- Fixes common Windows issues
- Supports all Microsoft Windows operating systems
- The free trial version hardly offers any features
- Shows frequent ads or upsells in paid version too
- Many features require you to install other IObit products
- Free trial only allows installing two drivers per day
4. Ashampoo Driver Updater
Another dedicated and fully free driver updater for Windows laptops and desktop computers is now available. This simple tool not only replaces obsolete or mismatched drivers with the most recent models but also aids in unlocking the full potential of your Windows PC. Apart from that, it has some other noteworthy features that make it one of the best driver updaters on the site.
Key Features of Ashampoo Driver Updater
- Downloads manufacturer-recommended drivers to keep your PC in pink condition
- Built-in scheduler to run driver scans on a day and time you prefer
- Offers support for more than 150,000 hardware devices
- A multitude of benefits as compared to other free driver updaters mentioned above
- The neat and concise interface
- Swift driver scans
- Offers support for 150,000+ devices
- Improves system stability
- Boasts a huge driver database
- Multilingual support
- Cost-effective compared to other best driver updaters
- No option to schedule driver scans
- Need to submit a ticket get in touch with a support representative
5. Driver Genius
Driver Genius is a totally free driver updater that will not only keep your drivers up to date, but also backup and restore them, clean up invalid drivers and junk files, and completely optimize your device.
With a single click, you can update your system drivers. You can also save drivers as zip files or standalone executable auto-installers that can be reinstalled with a single click.
Key Features of Driver Genius
- The database includes more than 160000 official versions of device drivers
- Protects the hardware by monitoring the temperature of CPU, GPU, and HDD
- Boost your system performance speed and SSD speed with the hardware info tool
- Upgrade/degrade Windows with the system transfer assistant
- Quite affordable
- Extremely easy to use and install
- Fast scan and driver update process
- More than 160,000 device drivers available
- Driver and system cleanup feature
- Alerts you about high CPU temperature
- Customer support service is a bit slow
- No feature to perform offline driver download and update
- Detects less outdated drivers compared to its competitors
6. Auslogics Driver Updater
Auslogics has been in the industry for almost 10 years and has always been recognized as one of the best free driver updater software that delivers on its promises. Anyone who wants to prevent compatibility problems and ensure smooth hardware functioning should install the free driver updater of Auslogics.
It’s a fast and intuitive program, trusted by 20 million users worldwide for fixing driver-related problems and optimizing Windows performance. Moreover, the program has a clean, clutter-free interface, allowing you to easily navigate through and perform your desired functions.
Key Features of Auslogics Driver Updater
- It quickly identifies and updates drivers running on older versions
- It takes a complete backup of existing drivers before updating them
- Downloads & Installs only official, expert-recommended driver versions
- Straightforward and easy to use interface
- Provides real-time driver updates
- Backs up current drivers for safety
- Supports 7 menu languages
- Effectively updates the out-of-date driver
- No live chat support
- Relatively slow driver download speed
- The free version offers a limited set of features
7. ITL Driver Updater
Another famous driver updater software has arrived, this time with the capability of locating all missing and disabled drivers on your Windows PC that is causing fatal computer crashes or hardware failure. It downloads the most recent device drivers from well-known hardware manufacturers such as HP, Intel, Microsoft, Dell, and others to ensure that your hardware devices perform at their best. The following are some of the tool’s other notable features that make it one of the best tools for upgrading drivers.
Key Features of ITL Driver Updater
- Automatic driver scanning algorithm quickly identifies all the outdated drivers
- Allows users to install the updated version of old system drivers with a single click
- Boasts a huge driver database that contains all kinds of PC drivers
- Takes backup of old driver versions to let you restore them whenever required
- Optimizes Windows PC for better and faster performance
- It has a clean, straightforward, and easy to use interface
- Easy & intuitive interface
- Single-click driver update functionality
- More than 160,000 device drivers available
- Installs only WHQL certified driver versions
- Accelerated driver updating speed
- Resolves annoying PC issues
- Lightweight application
- Not available for Windows XP and Vista versions
8. Driver Talent
Driver Talent, formerly known as DriveTheLife, is another excellent driver updater that saves you time by downloading and installing the most recent official drivers. Even if you don’t have internet access, the software will update out-of-date drivers with just one click.
Overall, this driver update app does an excellent job scanning and upgrading system drivers, and it is slightly quicker than the other resources on this list.
Key Features of Driver Talent
- Effortlessly scans for all defective and incompatible hardware drivers
- Allows users to install, uninstall, backup, and restore drivers
- It provides official driver download links of all popular manufacturers
- Multilingual support
- Simple and clean UI
- Auto scan, install, and reinstall options
- Helps download and transfer drivers from one PC to another
- Allows to backup and restore old drivers easily
- Provides detailed driver information
- Works with all versions of Windows OS
- Doesn’t support bulk driver downloads and updates
- Antivirus programs often identify the software as a malware infection
9. Driver Hub
Driver Hub is a fully free driver updater that fixes all driver-related issues and improves your computer’s performance and stability. After enabled, the software automatically scans your entire PC for system drivers that need immediate attention. After scanning, it downloads the most recent Windows drivers from official manufacturer sites and installs them in less than a minute on your computer or laptop.
Given its quick and beautifully crafted interface, this driver update program provides more than you’d expect for a free version.
Key Features of Driver Hub
- The program is user-friendly and easy to manage
- It contains drivers for all hardware devices, including, printers, Bluetooth, video cards, scanners, and other external devices
- Updates PC drivers and fixes compatibility issues to provide a better user experience
- The program is completely safe and free from viruses and trojans
- Completely free driver updater
- The interface is very simple to use
- Provides official drivers from popular vendors
- Supports bulk downloading of drivers
- Saves all sorts of data in download history
- Optional software included
- Requires a strong and stable internet connection
- Not able to work in background mode
10. Smart Driver Updater
Do you want the system drivers to come back to life? Then here is the best free driver update program that can easily detect and update outdated drivers in your device to improve your PC’s performance.
You no longer have to worry about installing faulty or tainted drivers, and you don’t have to waste hours trying to patch your out-of-date drivers with Smart Driver Updater.
Key Features of Smart Driver Updater
- Fast, intuitive, and easy to use interface
- Optimize your system hardware by updating the outdated drivers with original drivers
- Driver Reviver is enabled with quick scanning capability
- Includes safety features like backups, restore wizard, exclusions, and scheduler
- Uncluttered and easy user interface
- Contains over 1.2 million drivers
- Detailed driver descriptions
- Free Scan to find outdated drivers
- Excellent phone and email support
- Highly compatible with Windows versions
- 30-day purchase guarantee
- Free version does not allow to update device drivers
- Doesn’t have any tutorial videos for beginners
11. Driver Easy
An exceptionally good free PC driver updater for those who want an extra boost in the stability and performance of their Windows devices. Living up to its name, this tool makes updating Windows drivers so much easier. The software comes in two versions: Free & Pro.
This driver updater-free software version allows you to download and install the required drivers one by one, whereas the Pro version makes this job a lot easier by automatically installing them for you.
Key Features of Driver Easy
- Quickly detects all outdated, missing, and mismatched drivers
- Allows to download, install, and update all troublesome system drivers with one click of a button
- Offers certified drivers directly from the official manufacturer
- Accelerated driver download speed
- Offline scan, Auto backup & restore point, and several other features
- Automatic driver updates for free
- Supports offline driver scan and download
- Displays full system and hardware information
- More than 8 million device drivers available
- Allows to schedule a scan task
- Informative FAQ section
- Relatively expensive
- The free version includes only basic features and shows ads
- No technical support for the free version
driver support is regarded as one of the best programs for updating Windows 10 drivers that have become obsolete. It has a great computer driver matching technology that helps users find and install the most recent updates for their PC model and manufacturer. This PC driver updater is highly recommended if you prefer to keep your machines running smoothly without having to put in a lot of effort.
Key Features of DriverSupport:
- Provides easy access to device-specific drivers
- Real-time device monitoring
- Slick and modern user interface
- Helps diagnose and resolve hardware issues with ease
- Huge device driver database
- Real-time hardware device monitoring
- Excellent devices and drivers matching technology
- Supports a range of internal and external devices
- Additional system clean up tools
- The interface is quite old
- Fails to detect some of the missing drivers
- Non-descriptive driver info
13. Avast Driver Updater
Avast Driver Updater is the next best driver updater app on our list, with features including real-time scanning and a scaled installation process. It does an outstanding job of rapidly finding and resolving hardware issues.
This driver update software is a good option if you want to update PC drivers without too much effort because of its simplicity and speed.
Key Features of Avast Driver Updater
- It helps find all the outdated device drivers with 1-click
- Supports more than 300,000 hardware devices
- Provides latest driver updates in real-time
- Contains drivers from 1,300 leading brands
- Allows to backup and restore current drivers
- Clean and elegant interface
- Database of 5 million+ device drivers
- Ability to scans for driver updates in the background
- Reduces the risk of freezing and crashing
- Provides fast and secure driver updates
- Low CPU usage consumption
- No free version (only 15 days trial)
- Not displays any information on the driver sources
- Shows pop-ups when switching tabs
14. Driver Reviver
ReviverSoft’s Driver Reviver is yet another strong driver update tool for Microsoft Windows. This app helps you to quickly and easily search each piece of hardware connected to your machine for out-of-date and corrupt system drivers.
It allows you to download and install correct and most up-to-date driver versions from one central location once the appropriate updates have been detected.
Driver Reviver has many useful features in addition to upgrading vehicles, making it one of the best free driver updaters in 2021. Let’s talk about it.
Key Features of Driver Reviver
- Scans and detects outdated drivers flawlessly and quickly
- Provides correct and safe driver updates
- Allows you to schedule driver scans as per your requirements
- Automatically takes a backup of current drivers and creates a restore point
- Maximizes the performance of hardware devices
- Safe and easy to use
- Driver exclusion list
- Fast scanning of drivers
- Detailed driver info
- Multiple languages available
- Not provides technical support for the free version
- No info about the driver database
- A partial driver backup option is not available