Scan to Email with Office 365 using a HP Multifunction Printer
The configuration of a multifunctional device for email scanning via Office 365 is simple. This Microsoft document lists the three methods that are possible:
- SMTP Client Presentation
- Direct Sending
- Using a relay of SMTP
Depends on your environment, which method you should use. If you already have an internally configured SMTP server, SMTP relay can be better for you.
This post covers the method of submitting SMTP customers. The downside of this method is that the printer needs a licensed Office 365 account. But setup is straightforward.
HP multifunction device scan To email Setup
I will prove using an HP Page Wide Pro 477dw MFP, but for each brand, the same method will work. Before setting up the printer, make sure you know the Office 365 username and password to use.
- Login to the web interface of printers.
- Find the options “Scan to Email”:
- You must now enter the following:
- From address: Use the Email Address of the Office 365 Account for the printer
- Server: smtp.office365.com SMTP
- Port SMTP: 587
- Enter the “Secure Connection Use (SSL / TLS)” box
- User Name: Use the email address for Office 365 you want to use for the printer
- Password: Enter the account password you ‘d like to use.
- Image showing the setting needed for Office 365 email scanning from a multifunction printer or copier
- Scan a document!
The HP Page Wide has an excellent internal email address book that makes emailing easy and quick.