It’s fantastic to be able to resolve simple network difficulties on your own. Most people don’t know how to fix things themselves or don’t feel comfortable doing so, so they call for help.
You’ve arrived at the right place if you have Verizon Fios and notice a yellow light next to your router. We will demonstrate how to solve the problem independently. They are simple and straightforward, so you will have no trouble implementing them.
We need to first identify the source of the yellow Verizon Fios router light to be able to repair it.
Verizon Fios Router Yellow Light: Meaning
The following paragraphs will focus on the Verizon Fios Home Router G3100. It has one circular status LED light on the front, which is generally white. It indicates that everything is in order.
A yellow light on the Verizon Fios home router G3100 indicates that your internet connection has dropped. There are many reasons why this might happen. We’ll discuss them all in the next section, and then explain what to do.
Verizon Fios Home Router Yellow Light: Problems and Solutions
These are the top reasons why your internet connection can go down. Although we can usually do some things, it’s not always possible to control the outcome. So, let’s see what we can do.
Power Cycle Your Verizon Fios Home Router
You should restart your device if you’ve ever had problems with your network or any other electronic device. This simple fix has been used by many people to solve this problem.
- Turn off the router
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Allow the router to remain off for two minutes.
- The power cable should be plugged back into the wall outlet.
- Turn on your router.
- It will take some time for it to start up and stabilize.
- Take a look at the light.
- If it’s white, then great. If it’s still yellow continue with the troubleshooting.
Cables that are damaged or missing connectors
It is important that you ensure that all connectors are securely in place when connecting your equipment. Also, make sure that cables and ports are properly connected.
It won’t take much of your time to check these things. Make certain you inspect both ends of the cord. Here’s a quick checklist:
- Are any cables showing visible damage? If so, you can try another cable and test the light.
- Are the cables securely connected? You will hear clicking sounds when you plug your Ethernet cable into the port. You should also ensure that the coax cables are securely inserted when you plug them in.
- Are the cables correctly connected? The wall cable is connected to the WAN port. The LAN ports are also accessible by other cables. The coaxial cable connects to the coax port.
- Are the connectors broken?It can be harmed if the connector becomes loose. If feasible, replace the connector.
Restart the Verizon ONT/router
Others have had success restarting the ONT or the router. If you think that you shouldn’t touch it, move to the next step. If you do decide to give it a try, here’s how.
- Turn off Verizon Fios home router.
- Disconnect the AC adapter from the ONT.
- If you have an ONT battery, remove it.
- Keep them off for 2 minutes.
- Connect the ONT battery again.
- Connect the AC adapter to the ONT.
- Give the ONT a little time to get up and running.
- Turn on Verizon Fios Home router.
- Give it time to boot up, then turn on the router light. It should now be glowing white.
Is Verizon Down?
Service outages can occur during maintenance by your ISP or when there are network, power, and other problems. Check the Verizon Service Outage Information page to determine if this is what’s causing the problem. Sign in to your account to see an alert message about the outage.
You can also search third-party websites to see if other Verizon customers have complained about their service.
You should be patient if you are sure that the yellow light is caused by this. The problem is quite likely to be handled swiftly. Once that happens, the yellow lights will disappear. In this instance, there is nothing to do.
Some will argue that this is not the solution. Therefore, we decided to exclude it from the quick fixes.
Verizon support should be contacted if you do not see the Verizon Fios Home Router G3100 yellow signal after trying everything else.
The support team can look at your connection and line to see what’s wrong. They can help you fix the problem remotely, or if remote support fails, a technician can come out and fix it. This, we believe, should be on the list of options because it leads to the ultimate goal: a fully functional high-speed internet connection.