Where Can You Go To Scan And Email A Document? – Before We Get Into The Topic,Lets Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
How to Scan a Document and Then Email it Using Windows Mail?
Scanning business documents including contracts and plans and emailing them to clients will help you save money on paper and long-distance faxing. The method of translating a document into electronic format is identical for many scanning devices, whether you have a standalone scanner or an All-in-One printer. Although you can scan a document directly from a scan-to-email printer or most All-in-One printers without using any additional software, advanced scanning software gives you more choices, such as the ability to choose a document format and resolution. You can connect the scan directly to a message in Windows Live Mail after you’ve created it.
Scan the Document
Use a soft cloth and streak-free glass cleaner to clean the scanning bed’s surface. During the scanning process, a scanner can pick up dirt and fingerprints, which can degrade the quality of the final image.
Place the document face-down on the scanning bed after opening the lid. Use the markers to align the paper around the glass’s circumference, then carefully close the cover.
Use the scanning program that came with your scanner to start scanning. If you have an HP scanner or All-in-One printer, the program will be in the HP folder.
Choose “Document” as the scan type, then color or black-and-white scanning.
Choose an output format for the scanned text, typically a TIFF or GIF image or a PDF.
If asked, choose a resolution that produces a high-quality image, such as 300dpi. Since a higher dpi would result in a larger file, the image will be clearer. However, keep in mind that higher-resolution files take longer to upload and deliver.
Select “Scan” from the drop-down menu. When the scanning is done, press “Save.” Choose a destination folder, such as My Documents, and give the document a name. Select “Save” from the drop-down menu.
You should look for a scan to email app online as an alternative to your system’s built-in scanning program, which may have more features.
Email the Document
Sign in to your account with Windows Live Mail.
Click the “Email Address” button on the Home toolbar to start composing a new message.
Fill in the recipient’s email address, a subject line, and the message you want to send with the attached text.
On the Message toolbar, click the “Attach File” button. In the Windows Explorer dialogue box, navigate through your directories and pick the scanned text. To connect the file to the email, click “Open.”
Select “Send” from the drop-down menu.
How to Add Documents to an Email From a Scanner?
When you scan a document or a picture, you can connect the scanned file to an email and send it to others. Use Windows Fax and Scan, a free Windows utility, if your scanner doesn’t allow you to email the document directly. If you exchange documents regularly, you can automate the process.
- Click the Windows 7 “Start” button. Click “All Programs.” Type “fax” or “scan” in the search bar. When the search results appear, click “Windows Fax and Scan” under Programs to launch the Windows Fax and Scan program
- Click the “Scan” tab on the bottom of the left pane to display the Scan view.
- Click “New Scan” on the toolbar. When the New Scan dialog box opens, click the “Profile.” Select “Document.” Click “Preview” if you wish to see a preview of the object before scanning.
- Click “Scan.
- Click the file you want to send in an email from the list of scanned items in the top-right pane. Click “Forward as Email” on the toolbar. This launches your default email client and creates a new message with the file attached.
- Type the email address of your recipient in the “To” field. If you want to send the scanned document to multiple recipients, enter their addresses in either the “To” field, “Cc” field, or “Bcc” (for blind carbon copies). Separate each address with a semicolon.
- Enter a title for your message in the “Subject” field or leave the default in. Type a message in the main body area. Click “Send” to send the message.