Sometimes your computer may decide to test your patience. Permanent disconnections from Wi-Fi. No matter what the The disconnection takes only a few secondsIf you experience disconnections or reconnections, it can lead to extremes. We will find the root cause and give you solutions to make your life easier. GamingWorking, streaming, or other experience.
But not just yet!
Before changing settings and updating drivers, consider trying quick fixes that do not require much effort but are effective.
You should make sure the router power cable has a good connection. You should also ensure that the modem and router are properly connected. Connectivity to Ethernet cables is very tight.
Check that your computer’s range is within the router’s reach. If it is not, you can move closer to router.
Take out any objects that may be blocking your router’s connection to the computer. Also, ensure that your router is not covered with books or clothing.
Additionally, Restart your routerFor temporary problems, use a modem and a computer.
If none of these methods are causing the problem, it may be time to look at other intrusive options. Hopefully, one will work.
Another reason for Wi-Fi not working is:
Your computer’s power-saving mode is essential in preventing energy wastage. It prevents certain functions from running when they are not being used. On some occasions, the feature can be responsible for your computer’s problems.
Here’s how to turn off the power-saving feature in Windows 10:
- Press Windows + RIn the pop-up box enter the command ncpa.cpl Enter.
- Go to wireless networkPropertiesBy right-clickingYour current Wi Fi network.
- Choose ConfigureUncheck the box that reads “Remove” Allow the computer’s power to turn off the device. Below the Power management tab.
- Click on ‘OK’ to save the settings.
You can check your Wi-Fi connection and it should be working fine. If it isn’t, we can look into another possible reason.
Drivers that are no longer valid
Windows automatically updates your drivers when there is a system update. However, it’s worth checking manually for any new drivers.
A manual driver updateIt would repair any drivers that are not working properly and help you resolve any driver issues that may cause an unstable connection.
To update the network driver
- Click the link in the taskbar. Searchicon, and in Text boxSearch for Device Manager
- Next, choose the Network adaptersoption and double-click Wireless adapter option.
- Click the Tab driver Make sure to update your driver.
- Other options, such as Rollback driverIf your connectivity problems start as soon as you update,
- You can also opt to Uninstall Reinstall the wireless adapter if you still have problems, even after trying all the other options.
Wi-Fi Autoconfig Service
It is possible for abnormal network behavior to occur if someone intentionally or accidentally disables this service.
Below are the steps to enable this service on Windows.
- To open the run functionality, use the shortcut Windows + R. Enter the command in its search box services.MSC Select ok.
- Next, locate WLAN AutoConfig Right-click it. Select PropertiesIn the open window
- The following are the guidelines GeneralTab, click the drop-down menu to the right of the Types of Startup option.
- On the option>select automatic, Click here apply, Select ok.
- Check to see if your computer still drops Wi-Fi. If so, restart it and go through these steps again.
On rare occasions, your computer’s system update could be incompatible with the Wi-Fi router because of a more recent update.
System updates are required for both your router and computer. Windows updates usually happen automatically. But, if it didn’t, you can do it manually.
Search is a quick and easy way to reach the update window. System updates In the search bar
You can then confirm that Windows can install updates automatically using the update settings.
If there are any pending updates, you can click on Check for Updates.
Don’t forget to You can check your router’s firmware for an update. You will need an Ethernet connection in order to do this. log into the network’s administration page. Logging in will allow you to follow the steps for your particular router model.
Antivirus or VPN Program
You may have experienced network access when installing an app. Antiviruses and VPNs are designed to protect your best interests, but they can sometimes go rogue.
Before you rush to remove the antivirus program, make sure that your computer is scanned for malware or threats.
It is important to uninstall all programs, particularly if you have disabled their network security feature but the connection refuses to work.
You can search for the program to be uninstalled. The Control PanelEnter the desired keyword in the search box and click on it. Next, click on programs>uninstall a program. Double-click the problem program to delete it from your system.
Public Network Settings
If your Wi-Fi at home identifies itself as a Instead of a private network, use a public networkIt is likely to cause connectivity problems, including Slowing down your internet.
Select settings available in the Start Go to the menu Internet and network These settings can be changed.
Next, click on Wi-Fi, thenManage known networks.
To connect to your network, click on the link. Never forgetYou can then reconnect.
After entering your password, the system will prompt you to confirm that you wish your computer to be discovered.
This step is for users of an old Windows version, namely version 1803 and older versions of Windows 10.
According to the statement, Windows has removed this feature due to low user acceptance and because it was difficult to manage. If you are still using the feature, these steps will allow you to disable it:
- Click on The WindowsSelect iconSettings Get to Network and Internet
- Choose Configure Wi-Fi settings Scroll down to the Wi-FiSense You can also choose to add Wi-Fi as an option.
- Toggle the “Connect to networks shared by my contacts” Option to turn your computer off and start it again.
As you move through different settings, be sure to have a backup of your data as well as a starting point in case you run into additional problems.
How to disable Wi Fi Sense in Windows 10
You can rest assured that you have tried all possible solutions. Wi-Fi connectivity problems are more common than you might think. In order to avoid future issues, make sure you know the best solution for you. Just in case… If the problem persists, consider visiting a technician or contacting your device manufacturer.