Learn how to view the activity status of your Comcast.net account.
Under the Policy on Comcast.net Email Activity, users should log in to their mailbox once every 12 months to keep their email account active. Through My Account, you can check the status of your email accounts. You can choose from one of the following account statuses for your email account:
- the active email account must have been logged into at least once in the last 12 months. Email accounts that have auto-forwarding enabled will be considered active, regardless of the date and time, it was last logged in to.
- Inactive: In the last 12 months, your email account has not been logged in.
- Reserved: Email account is not yet set up. Inactive email accounts will be marked “Reserved” if their content has been deleted because of inactivity.
Notice: YourInactiveOrReservedAccount status will be changed to active after logging in, you will be able to access your email account.
Check your email account status
- Visit theServicesTabIn My Account, you may be asked to log in with your Xfinity ID or password.
- Scroll down additional FeaturesYou’ll find your email activity in the email section.
- Active StatusIf your email account is active, please click the email icon. Policy for Comcast.net Email activity status will not appear in your email account’s mailbox.
- Inactive Status: “You have not used your Comcast email account for 12 months.” Your inbox, email, and folders could be deleted.
- Reserved Status“You haven’t yet set up your Comcast email address.”
My Account allows primary users to view all secondary accounts.
- Visit theUserTabIn My Account, you may be asked to log in with your Xfinity ID or password.
- Choose the username whose status would you like to see.
- The following are the guidelines contact information section, you will see the status of the chosen user’s email account.
- Active status the email account is active currently under the email policy for Comcast.net Email activity status for an email account will not be displayed if the status is incorrect.
- Inactive Status: “This user has not used their Comcast email for 12 months.” This user’s email account, inbox, and folders could be deleted.
- Reserved Status“A Comcast email account is not yet set up for this user.”
Reactivating an inactive email account or creating an email for a reserved account
Access the email account to reactivate inactive accounts.
To keep your email account active, you can access it via any one of the following methods:
- Xfinity Connect webmail
- Email applications from third-party vendors (Outlook, iPhone Mail, and so on).
Notice: Learn more about third-party email clients (e.g. Outlook, Apple Mail, and Thunderbird) To access your Comcast.net address, please click here faqs: Third-Party Client Access to Comcast.net Email.
You can also create an email account for a reserved account using the mail icon from xfinity.com and logging in with your Xfinity ID and password, or a third-party email application with your username.